Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 02:56 PM
repman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment specs

I just had my car aligned do these specs look okay , car has Toyo R888 , coilovers. Pfadt sways

I am curious if you all think these alignment specs will work well on track all input is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
scan0001.pdf (577.2 KB, 477 views)

Last edited by repman; 08-25-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Canam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, its probably a good place to start and whomever did the job I think did a good job (anything is better than stock).....but

now you have to find out if its any good. The only way is the feeling of the handling through your butt and taking tire temperatures. That way you'll know if the camber and the tire pressures are right.

I don't like to speculate on setups because I don't know your spring rate and driving style but I think they did a pretty good job for an initial setup.
Enjoy.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:05 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

You can also tell from how far the tire rolls over on the track. If you see wear just starting to round the edge of the sidewall, you're just about there. Go into the sidewall, you need more camber and vice versa.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:19 AM
repman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CanAm and Taken thanks for the input, It feels way better on the street than it did before.

I will watch temps and wear on the track ,I appreciate the help
Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

Also, certain tires like certain camber and tire pressures (hot). Maybe some of the guys running R888's can chime in - I can't offer help there since I haven't used them yet. I know that my Hoosiers like -3 camber or more and no more than 38# hot. That's the point when they get a bit greasy.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Canam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a fan of 888's but I did run them. They can operate well up to 42psi but I liked mine at around 36-38 hot. after that I would bleed them down and keep them there. For camber its what the tire temperatures say. Different for every setup depending on wheel rate and suspension deflection. I used about 2.3 degrees in the front and a little over 1 in the rear on my last race car which was not a Corvette.

I use RA1's when I can get them and NTO1's (which are an RA1) and have Hoosiers wets for the nasty days. I got those for 400 bucks less than a year old and only used once. ( don't ask me how I got that deal lol).

Get notified of new replies

To alignment specs

Quick Reply: alignment specs