Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

National Corvette Museum HPDE track day fund raiser at ECR, TX

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default National Corvette Museum HPDE track day fund raiser at ECR, TX

I'm coordinating a Corvette Track day at Eagles Canyon Raceway on th last weekend in Oct. A portion of your run fees will be a direct donation to the NCM Motorsports Park. If you have been an instructor at any previous NCM track days and would like to instruct at this event, please send me your resume; hisvett@gmail.com

Here is the flyer for the track day;

HPDE Corvette Weekend
27 & 28 October

Come help support the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park by attending the Corvette HPDE Track Day at Eagles Canyon Raceway and learn how to safely handle your car at speed. A portion of your run fees will be a direct donation to the Motorsports Park, soon to be built by the NCM in Bowling Green, KY.

LG Motorsports will be at the track to help with all your setup questions and parts needs. Also, Lou Gigliotti will be furnishing lunch for the drivers along with having a few of his super-hot cars on hand to inspect and possibly catch a hot lap in the co-pilot seat.

This will be a typical HPDE track day with 4 run groups, 25 cars per group (Beginner, Novice, Intermediate and Advance) plus instructors group, also in car instructors until signed off for SOLO and classroom instruction between sessions. Make sure your car has been inspected and is up to the handling riggers of the track. Use this inspection sheet prior to arriving; http://www.eaglescanyon.com/docs/ECR...Inspection.pdf
I cannot stress enough how important it is to have your brakes in top working order! It is possible to go through a new set of OEM pads in just one day and/or boil new OEM brake fluid in as little as 4 laps. If you are going to run hard, be sure to run quality aftermarket pads and fluid. If you are bringing a non-street legal full race type car, you will be subject to all the typical race driving rules; Fire Suite, Window Nets, Roll Cage etc….you know the drill. Everyone else can get by with long sleeve shirts (T-Shirt type will work) and long pants. Roll Bars for open top cars in upper groups, Intermediate, Advance and Instructor groups.

Pre-Registration; $170 per driver, per day if paid by 15 October ($185 after 15 October). Sign up here, (disregard the price on form); http://www.eaglescanyon.com/docs/ECR...pplication.pdf You may pay Via PayPal by going to; http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/payments.php (may not be open till mid Sept) and pull down the “ECR TRACK EVENT” tab, click on Oct 27 & 28th. OR you my call Maggie with a Cc number (940) 466-9775 (office) . Your reservation will NOT be complete without payment, first paid, first reserved until slots are filled (25 cars per run group).

HPDE Track Insurance for this event is available for purchase at; https://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/....aspx?pID=5537

Contact me for more information;
Mike Krieger
Hisvett@gmail.com
Cell 817.888.5458
Old 09-02-2012, 12:40 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Registration is now open, don't wait till the last minute. I will be back filling open slots with non-Vette drivers a couple of weeks prior to the event.

Who's in?
Old 09-03-2012, 04:37 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thinking about doing this.

Curious, how does one give a pass signal if there's a net in your window?

Jay
Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Are non-Vettes allowed? My C5 hardtop has been retired to a luxury life of DD'ing, cruising, etc., and is currently mentoring my LS1 Miata in the finer points of autocross and DE'ing.

Havev a good one,
Mike
Old 09-04-2012, 12:25 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by crease-guard
Thinking about doing this.

Curious, how does one give a pass signal if there's a net in your window?

Jay
Hand signals inside of a netted race car has never been a problem....just ask anyone who drives one.

Are non-Vettes allowed? My C5 hardtop has been retired to a luxury life of DD'ing, cruising, etc., and is currently mentoring my LS1 Miata in the finer points of autocross and DE'ing.

Havev a good one,
Mike[/QUOTE]

Mike;
You'er half in with the LS1 power plant I'm letting the Vettes have first grab at the open slots but I will back fill any left over spots starting around the 5th of Oct.

Shoot me an email and I will put you on the standby list. I'll let you know for sure if we have room and when to send you money in.

Mike
hisvett@gmail.com
Old 09-12-2012, 10:56 AM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Ttt
Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it this time. Gonna be up in Arkansas that weekend.

Y'all have fun!
Mike
Old 09-12-2012, 04:39 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

e-mail sent. I've been instructing with NASA, TDE and a couple others. Happy to help with this event.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:27 AM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by yakisoba
e-mail sent. I've been instructing with NASA, TDE and a couple others. Happy to help with this event.
Hay Amego, it's been a while.....didn't get your email, please hit me again.

Mike
Old 09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default Event Up-Date

HPDE Corvette Weekend
27 & 28 October Rain or Shine

Come help support the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park by attending the Corvette HPDE Track Day at Eagles Canyon Raceway and learn how to safely handle your car at speed. A portion of your run fees will be a direct donation to the Motorsports Park, soon to be built by the NCM in Bowling Green, KY.

This will be a typical HPDE track day format with 4 run groups, 25 cars per group (Beginner, Novice, Intermediate and Advance) plus instructors group. New/beginners will have in car instructors until signed off for SOLO and classroom instruction will be given between sessions. Make sure your car has been inspected and is up to the handling riggers of the track. Use this inspection sheet prior to arriving; http://www.eaglescanyon.com/docs/ECR...Inspection.pdf

LG Motorsports and 21st Century Muscle Car is running a discounted special on pre-track car inspecting and brake fluid system flush. Call Anthony at LGM for an appointment at; (972) 429-1963 or John Page at 21st Century; (972) 417-7177, ask for the Corvette Track Day special. I cannot stress enough how important this is!

LG Motorsports will have two HOT Camaro’s and a race Vette on hand for the weekend. Lou will be giving demo rides in the Camaro’s and have a couple of shop techs on hand with parts to help with any problems that may arise while dialing in your talents on the track. LG will also have the BBQ fired up and serving lunch to all the drivers….many thanks Lou!

John Page will also be on hand at the track for expert setup advice, horse power consultations and driving pointers. All old and new customers are welcome to stop John for a chat anytime at the track or at his shop.

Pre-Registration; $170 per driver, per day if paid by 15 October ($185 after 15 October). Sign up here; http://www.eaglescanyon.com/docs/ECR_Corvette.pdf You may pay Via PayPal by going to; http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/payments.php and pull down the “HPDE CORVETTE WEEKEND” tab, click on Oct 27 & 28th. OR you my call Maggie with a Cc number (940) 466-9775 (office) . Your reservation will NOT be complete without payment, first paid, first reserved until slots are filled (25 cars per run group). Information can be found on the ECR and Lone Start Corvette Club web sites under “Calendar” of events. NOTE: Non-Corvette drivers are welcome to fill remaining open slots after Oct 5th.

HPDE Track Insurance for this event is available for purchase at; https://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/....aspx?pID=5537

Please contact me for any questions or more information;
Mike Krieger
Hisvett@gmail.com
Cell 817.888.5458
Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there. Hope we have a big crowd!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 AM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by MarkDFW
I will be there. Hope we have a big crowd!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

In!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:20 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrytx
In!
See you there!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkDFW
See you there!
Sounds good Mark!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Still some slots left......hurry before the price goes up on the 16th......

More info; contact me at hisvett@gmail.com
Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 AM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Only a few days left before the price goes up Sign up now and get your money in by Monday, 15th.

See ya at the track

Get notified of new replies

To National Corvette Museum HPDE track day fund raiser at ECR, TX

Quick Reply: National Corvette Museum HPDE track day fund raiser at ECR, TX