Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATEQ VT15 vs ATEQ TPMS SENSOR TRIGGER

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ATEQ VT15 vs ATEQ TPMS SENSOR TRIGGER

I just bought a set of track wheels and tires for my C6. They are coming from the PO with TPMS (2007 just like my car). I'm a little confused as to which tool I need to connect the (two sets) of TPMS to the car..

ATEQ TPMS SENSOR TRIGGER - According to Tirerack "The ATEQ TPMS Sensor Trigger tool enables the vehicle to recognize a newly installed sensor and is excellent for drivers who have two sets of tires and wheels for their C6 Corvette or Cadillac XLR and need to register their TPMS sensors when changing from one package to the other."

--or--

ATEQ VT15 - again according to Tirerack "Easy-to-use, simply position the two-button triggering tool close to the sensor and tire side, then press the left button. LED lights provide feedback while in use. A yellow LED light is illuminated while the tool is transmitting. A red light will illuminate when the battery is low."

I've seen the VT15 for sale on the forum, but I can't remember ever seeing anybody selling the Sensor Trigger Tool...

I need to get the car to recognize the new sensors (first time I install the wheels) and then I need to be able to switch between the wheels and reset the car to recognize the currently mounted set.

Any advice or help on this is appreciated....
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Don't have any experience with those but I do have the higher model Ateq VT30 and it is great. A little bit more money but i believe it has a lot more capability. LCD screen that actually shows you all of the TPS info i.e. the unique tps id number of the individual the sensor that you are scanning as well as the battery strength of the sensor. As you go through the activation process it stores all of the info from each sensor also, so you can recall this. One of the nice things about this is that when you come off the track it takes a bit of time to check air pressure on each individual time using a hand held gauge. I just hop out of the car, grab my VT30 and walk around to each wheel and scan the tps. The VT30 reads the sensor and stores each individual tire sensors information including the tire pressure which it reads to 1/100 of a psi i.e. 36.48 PSI and also the tire temperature (which is not as accurate are using a pyrometer but it does give you a good indication of what is going on). You then have some time to take off your helmet, unwind, drink some water etc. and can just recall the info on the VT30 when you are ready to start adjusting air pressure etc.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 PM
isnider
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by franman69
I just bought a set of track wheels and tires for my C6. They are coming from the PO with TPMS (2007 just like my car). I'm a little confused as to which tool I need to connect the (two sets) of TPMS to the car..

ATEQ TPMS SENSOR TRIGGER - According to Tirerack "The ATEQ TPMS Sensor Trigger tool enables the vehicle to recognize a newly installed sensor and is excellent for drivers who have two sets of tires and wheels for their C6 Corvette or Cadillac XLR and need to register their TPMS sensors when changing from one package to the other."

--or--

ATEQ VT15 - again according to Tirerack "Easy-to-use, simply position the two-button triggering tool close to the sensor and tire side, then press the left button. LED lights provide feedback while in use. A yellow LED light is illuminated while the tool is transmitting. A red light will illuminate when the battery is low."

I've seen the VT15 for sale on the forum, but I can't remember ever seeing anybody selling the Sensor Trigger Tool...

I need to get the car to recognize the new sensors (first time I install the wheels) and then I need to be able to switch between the wheels and reset the car to recognize the currently mounted set.

Any advice or help on this is appreciated....
I have the Ateq VT15 and it works just fine with the three different sets of tires and wheels I have for my C6 and it is software updatable for future vehicles.

Ian
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 AM
jw1
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I just got the Cub tool from Tire Rack to program my 2nd set of TPMS on my new wheels for my 05. It does read back the tire PSI as well, though I don't really care about this feature as all I want to do is reprogram when I switch my wheels and tires. The Cub is only $60 so that is what made my decision easy.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't even see the Cub until you mentioned it.. So, it sounds like that will do what I need...

Get notified of new replies

To ATEQ VT15 vs ATEQ TPMS SENSOR TRIGGER

Quick Reply: ATEQ VT15 vs ATEQ TPMS SENSOR TRIGGER