Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 WDCR SCCA PDX/Time Trials

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2013 WDCR SCCA PDX/Time Trials

The first Washington DC Region SCCA PDX and Club Trial events of 2013 are now open for registation. Links are in the calendar at http://pdx.wdcr-scca.org

First event is March 9th and 10th on Summit Point Circuit (aka Summit Point Main). There's the usual Novice/Int/Advanced PDX (HPDE) groups, as well as a Club Trials timed competition group.

Pricing for PDX events on Summit Point Main is $275 per-day, or both days for $375.

Club Trials entry on Summit Point main is $210 per day, or both days for $325.

If you're considering going Road racing -- this is two weeks before the WDCR Club Racing driver's school. If you sign up and do both events (one or more day of PDX, plus the school) you'll get $100 off the whole thing. Two weeks before is a great way to get track time in, shake out the car, and still have time to get ready for the school if anything isn't 100%. Also, SCCA is finally starting to look at PDX experience for race licensing -- no guarantees, but it might mean being able to get a waiver for the second necessary driver's school...

PM or post here if you have any questions!

--Travis
Old 01-27-2013, 04:02 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

My schedule didn't allow me to get to one of the WDCR events last season, but I did run one of the PDX (HPDE) in Nov '11. Very well run event, great bunch of folks. I'm hoping to make it this year - maybe a couple times. I think running the TTs as a separate group will improve the overall flow - certainly for the TT'ers.
Hope to see you at Summit
Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Thanks! We try to put on a good event. Unlike a many organizations to put on events like this, we're all volunteers, so if we're not having a good time, we're doing it wrong

TT/CT has always been a separate run group within the day for us -- it's a separate sanction actually, so it has to be distinct from the PDX/HPDE sessions.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:19 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Registration for the March 9-10 PDX and Club Trials closes this monday night- midnight EST.

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/wdcr-...=5228&LMID=933
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Your event schedule looks great Travis, congrats.

You run CT and TT as a group? Are you getting many TT entrys?
We (Reno Region) run CT and TT as separate groups.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Yup - CT or TT (we just run CT now since there's no reason to run TT and exclude people) as a run group mixed in with the PDX schedule - not on track at the same time of course.

Think we have 10 signed up for this Sat and 7 on Sunday (some of those are double dippers).

Just hoping we're not racing the snow plows this weekend

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 WDCR SCCA PDX/Time Trials

Quick Reply: 2013 WDCR SCCA PDX/Time Trials