Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 Bar initial setup help

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:49 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default T1 Bar initial setup help

Just installed the T1 bars with adjustable end links on a 2002 Z06 with Koni shocks and stock leafs lowered about 1" on stock bolts .... how do you guys set them up initially ?

:-)
Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Start with the middle hole. move farther towards the end to change to more grip on the front (less under steer) move the other way for more rear grip
Old 03-08-2013, 09:50 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Full soft for me end hole.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

ahh should have been more clear sorry ... only one hole in my rear bar was looking for initial setup with the end links ... is it neutral when car is on the ground ?? (no tension on bar when on ground?)
Old 03-08-2013, 09:59 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
ahh should have been more clear sorry ... only one hole in my rear bar was looking for initial setup with the end links ... is it neutral when car is on the ground ?? (no tension on bar when on ground?)
Yes t1 bars are no different from all bars, neutral (you can easily slide the last bolt in/out) with car on ground suspension loaded.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by froggy47
Yes t1 bars are no different from all bars, neutral (you can easily slide the last bolt in/out) with car on ground suspension loaded.
ok ... thanks thats what I thought ... worry that I do not have an adjustable rear bar now seems that most here have a rear bar that has additional holes
Old 03-08-2013, 10:14 PM
froggy47
Race Director

ok ... thanks thats what I thought ... worry that I do not have an adjustable rear bar now seems that most here have a rear bar that has additional holes
Well yours is like mine on the middle hole I guess. Probably fine for track, a little stiff for autox.

Make sure you lube the clamps & if you need to put spacers under the clamps so it can MOVE.

If you want to soften it, get rubber bushings, if you want to stiffen it poly/delrin/steel bearings.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:20 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Well yours is like mine on the middle hole I guess. Probably fine for track, a little stiff for autox.

Make sure you lube the clamps & if you need to put spacers under the clamps so it can MOVE.

If you want to soften it, get rubber bushings, if you want to stiffen it poly/delrin/steel bearings.

Did not add any lube maybe I will look more into that tomorrow. Car is street trim car used for 10 or so HPDE events each year ... (driven to and from track and work couple times a month)
Old 03-08-2013, 10:50 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Antisieze is a good lube says put
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The single hole rear bar is fine for the track. I've got both the single and the 3 hole and guess what, for the track my setup is neutral in the middle. Make sure you do a good alignment and understand how each part can impact balance. Tire pressures and camber can balance out under/oversteer. Lots of T1 racers did quite well with a single hole bar.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I ended up having to shim the front and rear of my clamps to free up the bar some. I had some Pfadt lube leftover that I used. Mine is set in the middle on the rear. Never got brave enough to try different settings. May try that this year. Car is a pusher, but I am comfortable with that.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:07 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by waddisme
I ended up having to shim the front and rear of my clamps to free up the bar some. I had some Pfadt lube leftover that I used. Mine is set in the middle on the rear. Never got brave enough to try different settings. May try that this year. Car is a pusher, but I am comfortable with that.
Set it up so the rear rotates, you'll never go back to a push car.

Get notified of new replies

To T1 Bar initial setup help

Quick Reply: T1 Bar initial setup help