Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers...LG Super Pro 1 7/8 or Pfadt Tri-Y?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 12:07 PM
throwit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Headers...LG Super Pro 1 7/8 or Pfadt Tri-Y?

Potentially in the market for a set and I have been trying to find a comparison between the two but it seems very difficult. Anyone know (for certain) which one makes more HP / TQ?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:09 PM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Haven't seen direct results between those two but have seen some results between the Pfadt Tri-Y and other headers. Not tremendous difference on top end (maybe plus 3-5 HP for Tri-Y's) but torque was approx. 20+ ft lbs different (greater for Tri-Y's) in a C6 ZO6.

I experienced approx. the same numbers difference in a previous SBC race car in which I tried both straight 1 5/8 and 1 5/8 Tri Y's except I lost approx. 7 HP on the top end and gained approx. 20 ft lbs of torque in an approx. 500 HP engine. This was awhile ago and the knowledge and technology is a lot better today.

Contact Jordan at JDP Motorsports as I think he may have done some testing with Tri-Y's.

Both LG and Pfadt make good products and are obviously Corvette guys.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:59 PM
RHC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I am doing the PFADT

What I see is their graduation of tubes from 4 to 2 to 1 makes a real difference in the 3-5000 rpm range. You will see an increase of
roughy 30 ft lbs of torque in the 3 - 5000 rpm range vs others.
I like this as I am in that range a lot more the 6-7000 rpms !
Old 03-23-2013, 09:53 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

These are pretty slick:

http://www.profabrication.com/produc...&attValID=5721
Old 03-24-2013, 12:38 PM
throwit
Drifting

Originally Posted by RHC6
What I see is their graduation of tubes from 4 to 2 to 1 makes a real difference in the 3-5000 rpm range. You will see an increase of
roughy 30 ft lbs of torque in the 3 - 5000 rpm range vs others.
I like this as I am in that range a lot more the 6-7000 rpms !
30 ft-lbs over the LGs?? Sounds like allot. Im not really concerned with "others"...specifically LGs.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Guys,

We have done back to back tests and I suggest you do your own tests to get by the hype. We have used Pro Fab Tri Y headers on our race cars but they are not the same as any "so called" Tri Y made to fit a street car. Plus they cost $3500 just for the headers alone.
Our 1 3/4 headers make the most torque at the bottom end and they lose 5-7 power at the top. that is typical of any smaller tube header.
Consider your RPM range that you want to improve and pick your poison. Nothing is free so for more torque down low, you will probably give up some HP at the top. Which means that you might need one set of headers for the street courses and another version for tracks with long straights. (races are won on the straights)

Then there is the one part on the car that is guaranteed to increase your HP on any part of the track. That part is the Right pedal. The more you push it down, the more HP you will see hit the track

Let us know if we can help you with any of your goals.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM
throwit
Drifting

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Our 1 3/4 headers make the most torque at the bottom end and they lose 5-7 power at the top. that is typical of any smaller tube header.
Seems that many feel the Pfadts make more torque. Is there a way you could please find time to do/post a dyno comparison between the 2 (as you did with Kooks and ARH)? Im sure it would help many (including myself) make a decision and remove the guesswork.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:15 PM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

American Racing Headers is another great option with a totally different approach

http://www.americanracingheaders.com/
Old 03-26-2013, 08:30 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

LG's have the longest primaries on the market, and offer great torque. The design was done by GM racing in the late 90's, and they have always worked well for me. I look forward to trying the Pfadts (as I always enjoy using their products) but I have no worries recommending the LG's, especially the Pro's. I haven't used the street line.

Get notified of new replies

To Headers...LG Super Pro 1 7/8 or Pfadt Tri-Y?

Quick Reply: Headers...LG Super Pro 1 7/8 or Pfadt Tri-Y?