Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Kuala Lampur

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:40 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Default F1 Kuala Lampur

GREAT/close racing with lots of passing (without crashing) today......
BUT Lots of bad calls and mistakes by TEAMS today.
In my opinion there can be either team orders, or no team orders, but if only one team member follows Team orders, then there is chaos. Since that condition occurred in both leading teams, I think the teams should punish both Vettel and Hamilton for egregious failure to follow team orders. Otherwise it will get ugly later in this season
Old 03-24-2013, 01:13 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great races with many twists and turns!

Spoiler

Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

How did Hamilton not follow team orders?
Old 03-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
GREAT/close racing with lots of passing (without crashing) today......
BUT Lots of bad calls and mistakes by TEAMS today.
In my opinion there can be either team orders, or no team orders, but if only one team member follows Team orders, then there is chaos. Since that condition occurred in both leading teams, I think the teams should punish both Vettel and Hamilton for egregious failure to follow team orders. Otherwise it will get ugly later in this season
How did LH fail to follow orders?

Z//

ps. I agree, John.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:05 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

3 weeks to calm down until the next race. It wouldn't be long enough for me.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:10 PM
lemans
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a little ***** Vettel is.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sperkins
3 weeks to calm down until the next race. It wouldn't be long enough for me.
No s**t. The way that team has treated Webber boggles the mind. The fact that he has tolerated it for so long suggests that he's being paid some serious cash. On the other hand, Vettel gets paid serious cash, too. The only difference is that in Vettel's contract it's stipulated that "in exchange for your $XX million per year, you have to do our PR events *and* agree to publicly apologize to Mark Webber at least twice per year for the arrogant, selfish crap you do."

Mark should have brake tested him.

Z//

Last edited by Zoxxo; 03-24-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:58 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sperkins
How did Hamilton not follow team orders?
Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that Hamilton had passed Rossberg after team orders to "Hold Position", based on the post race interview questions and "Um...ER....that's just racin" answers, and that the team then forbid Rossberg from repassing the slower Hamilton?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

By the way....on the F1 broadcast, there was a brief mention of some new Jim Hall related web page or internet function that David Hobbs recommended that we look into. I did not understand what he was talking about or where to find it. Can anyone clarify what they were talking about?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

By the way....on the F1 broadcast, there was a brief mention of some new Jim Hall related web page or internet function that David Hobbs recommended that we look into. I did not understand what he was talking about or where to find it. Can anyone clarify what they were talking about?
safeisfast.com

Z//
Old 03-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that Hamilton had passed Rossberg after team orders to "Hold Position", based on the post race interview questions and "Um...ER....that's just racin" answers, and that the team then forbid Rossberg from repassing the slower Hamilton?
Yes, you misunderstood.

Z//
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
safeisfast.com

Z//
Thanks Zoxxo, and um....thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 PM
justkickin
Instructor

Never did like Vettel. Yeah, he is quick, but F1 is a team sport and you need to play for the team. He clearly does not. Webber has every right to by ummm...upset IMHO. Rosberg, he definitely took one for the team, but that is what big money sports are about.

This video from Webber's in car sums it up.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:29 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by justkickin
Never did like Vettel. Yeah, he is quick, but F1 is a team sport and you need to play for the team. He clearly does not. Webber has every right to by ummm...upset IMHO. Rosberg, he definitely took one for the team, but that is what big money sports are about.

This video from Webber's in car sums it up.

Great post, Vet is down a few notches in my book after that stunt.

I think Web is a stand up guy, have liked him for some time.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by froggy47
Vet is down a few notches in my book after that stunt.
Mr. Vettel needs to refresh his brain re: the history of Schumacher. MS lost many fans as he began more and more to believe his own PR. You *can* be a great champion without having to be a jackass as well (Clark, Stewart, etc.)

100%

The amount of crap he has tolerated from that team is amazing. The crap that Helmut Marko spews...

Mr. Horner - what's the point of having team orders if the the drivers will [and can] ignore them? Let's all turn to the dictionary and remind ourselves of the meanings of "employer" and "employee" and "boss". Sheesh.

Z//
Old 03-25-2013, 12:49 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, now I got to go home and watch this race in the morning. Glad I set the DVR for a season pass.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They way to fix it is pull Vettle back and let Webber win if they are 1 2 again. Chance of that is less than winning powerball ticket. Future races should be interesting to bad Webber sucks at starts it would be great to see them side by side.

Get notified of new replies

To F1 Kuala Lampur

Old 03-25-2013, 10:20 AM
justkickin
Instructor

Originally Posted by froggy47

Ditto. Been a fan of his for a while. Even when F1 was just a colorful parade. Glad those days are gone...sort of.

Originally Posted by crease-guard
Damn, now I got to go home and watch this race in the morning. Glad I set the DVR for a season pass.
Umm, the title was not a spoiler and pretty clear.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by John Shiels
They way to fix it is pull Vettle back and let Webber win if they are 1 2 again. Chance of that is less than winning powerball ticket. Future races should be interesting to bad Webber sucks at starts it would be great to see them side by side.
That won't fix anything. True wins are earned, not gifted. And only earned wins mean diddly to a racing driver.

In this case the way it would work (determined by the team bosses and made clear to the drivers during the pre-race briefings) is that they were free to race and see how things worked out UNTIL the final pit stops at which point things were to settle down unless clear circumstances dictated otherwise. Vettel knew what the deal was and took it upon himself to go against the team's orders and, based upon the team's rules, stole the legitimate win from Webber. No amount of gifting a future win will restore the loss of this one.

Remember when Schumacher backed off at Indy (I think) to let Barrichello "win" at the last moment? Do you think that Barichello celebtated that? Or did he find that standing on the top step of the podium was embarassing and humiliating becuase the whole world knew that he didn't really win the race at all?

Yeah.

Z//
Old 03-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Non of those Euro trash prima donnas could do what Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson do. Team orders??? What a crock.
Now if they all had the attitude of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, we might see some decent racing. Vettel did nothing wrong.
The weak leading the strong is a Euro commie thing and spreading like a cancer here in our own land.
I thought Dietrich Mateschitz did not allow team orders.
Congrats, Sab. Your lucky Kimi is not your team mate. He doesn't sign autographs or take team orders. He is even smart enough to drive NASCAR.

Quick Reply: F1 Kuala Lampur