Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wiring Harness

Well I got the glass, and all componets out of the doors of the race car to help with the weight reduction but have a small issue. Where is the other end of the wiring harness connected at in the car. Right now I zipped tie it up out of the way but would be nice to be able to take out the harness from both sides. I spent about 45 min yesterday trying to track the end down and it started to rain so I gave up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It has to plug into something somewhere !!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:54 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't have just one end, it terminates in multiple places. Mostly the BCM and the fuse boxes as well as the ground points. You will have to trace them all the way back to the multiple termination points.

I did this exercise a couple months ago for both doors. It's a mess, you have to basically pull apart the entire harness under the dash. I removed all I could and the wires leading through the firewall were cut and the ends sealed. All those leads I bundled into a single bundle and just tucked it away. I didn't feel like trying to trace those all the back to the under and passenger foot well fuse boxes. Besides, someday you will want a fused 12v and then you can go back and pick one.

Jay
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crease-guard
It doesn't have just one end, it terminates in multiple places. Mostly the BCM and the fuse boxes as well as the ground points. You will have to trace them all the way back to the multiple termination points.

I did this exercise a couple months ago for both doors. It's a mess, you have to basically pull apart the entire harness under the dash. I removed all I could and the wires leading through the firewall were cut and the ends sealed. All those leads I bundled into a single bundle and just tucked it away. I didn't feel like trying to trace those all the back to the under and passenger foot well fuse boxes. Besides, someday you will want a fused 12v and then you can go back and pick one.

Jay
Maybe the zipped tied bundle is not that bad after all

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring Harness

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness