Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Pax Factor

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM
mikek307
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Pax Factor

We're hosting an intra club auto-x with Vettes, Mustangs, and Camaros and there is some crying going on because the majority of the Vetts will be on sticky tires. It's a short course and it is my contention that stickies won't be that big of a factor on a short course... but for political apleasement. Years ago when we used to do a Porsche Corvette Challenge, we would average the top 75% of times, will we won, so the Porsche club came up with a SCCA "Pax Factior" as a multipler to equal (?) the times. So is there any general agreement towards a factor to minimize the crying?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 10:15 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

SCCA PAX multipliers are located here: http://home.comcast.net/~paxrtp/rtp2013.html

You'd have to figure out what class each car fits into (if you're not already using SCCA classes) and use the appropriate numbers. SCCA is also using a .975 multiplier for street tires.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 AM
alextz
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yes, so for a car that is in Super stock, and street tires (over say 140 treadwear rating), you use the .859 and .975 together. for cars on Rcomps you only use the .859.

here is a link to the 2013 pax/rtp factors

http://home.comcast.net/~paxrtp/rtp2013.html
Old 04-08-2013, 06:57 PM
mikek307
Instructor

Thanks, I appreciate all of the help and input. This started out simple, the cars would be classed by marque and staged all together and we would run everybody as much as time would allow. Allow the computer to take the fasted time for each car, throw them into their marque, take the top 75% and then average them. Trophy the fastest Mustang, fastest Camaro, and fastest Vette, and then trophy the winning club. Then we all go for margartias and bench racing. Now we have the sticky issue and next we'll get "Well his Nitto 555's are softer compound than my Pilot Sports ZP's," "His Brembo's are larger than my stock 1965 calipers" what happened to the fun of running? I have seen an old man from Austin kick butt in his '64 vette, spanking C5 Z06's. Things really seemed to have change in the last 10 years, where did all of cry babies come from? When will I learn to keep my hand down and my mouth shut!!!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:24 AM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Tell 'em that you're going to class by car color.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM
mikek307
Instructor

Originally Posted by acrace
Love, love, love it!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by acrace

Didn't NCCC do that for a while???? OOPS... My bad....
Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Originally Posted by mikek307
I have seen an old man from Austin kick butt in his '64 vette, spanking C5 Z06's. Things really seemed to have change in the last 10 years, where did all of cry babies come from? When will I learn to keep my hand down and my mouth shut!!!

It's because they all sit behind their computer screens bench racing and think they are great drivers.

I have seen a good driver at a 300hp disadvantage kick butt on people who "think" they can drive.
Unless it is professional drivers all this crying and whining about minor differences is BS

Get notified of new replies

To Need Pax Factor

Quick Reply: Need Pax Factor