Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing C6 calipers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:05 PM
avizandum
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Replacing C6 calipers

Want to do this myself. Will I necessarily need a Tech II bleeding? (Replacing lines too)
Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

No. A Tech2 bleed is only to pulse the ABS pump if you get air in it. Since you're way down stream of there you're only concerned with the air in the caliper.

(BTW, I live in Farmington too.)
Old 04-26-2013, 04:05 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Scooter70
No. A Tech2 bleed is only to pulse the ABS pump if you get air in it. Since you're way down stream of there you're only concerned with the air in the caliper.

(BTW, I live in Farmington too.)

I bleed all the time without bleeding the ABS pump on our C5Z & C6Z, and I just changed out the calipers on our C5Z to the AP Racing T1 set, bled the system and have had no trouble. Eventually as you get into ABS enough times the fluid will mix and you'll bleed it out... naturally.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 PM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman

I bleed all the time without bleeding the ABS pump on our C5Z & C6Z, and I just changed out the calipers on our C5Z to the AP Racing T1 set, bled the system and have had no trouble. Eventually as you get into ABS enough times the fluid will mix and you'll bleed it out... naturally.
Rebuilt and replaced numerous calipers and always bleed in between events and have never had an issue

Get notified of new replies

To Replacing C6 calipers

Quick Reply: Replacing C6 calipers