Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Vid NASATX ST1

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 03:21 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Track Vid NASATX ST1

First time ever running Texas World Speedway Clockwise, 3rd time ever on the track, I LOVE the track. It looks meh but its very technical and fast. Without aero the high speed stuff is hairy. Saturday was good but on Yoko scrub slicks, running 1.54 laps. Sunday's switch to Pirellis plus a good track walk and coaching yielded some 1.51 times in Time Trial. For Sunday's race I had soft clutch in qualifying so I pulled off and was starting from the back. We bled the clutch (I have a bleeder line on the slave) so it was a full bleed and I was hopeful. I was in ST1 for the weekend because I didn't have time to detune for ST3. I got to run the new exhaust LG Super Pro 1 7/8 with offroad X, 3" pipes, dumps.. LOUD! I need full ear plugs to hear anything on the radio. Poor rev matching didn't help my poor clutch. It was slipping on the outlap so i figured I'd do a lap for points and pull in. Low and behold it stopped slipping during lap 2 after the green, so I made a run through the field until it gave up the ghost again.

Race from the previous day..

Old 04-26-2013, 03:42 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great driving Jerry! 4:15 in the first video was a serious pucker factor for the guy that spun! Wonder what he was thinking as he got closer to the wall?
Old 04-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Nice job Jerry.
Which car were you in? I worked corner 7 for the weekend.
I usually run in the TT class, but I got lazy and didn't get my car ready in time.
Bill
Old 04-27-2013, 10:31 AM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Nice driving, Jerry! Sorry I missed that event, but my car wasn't ready in time.

Your car sounds awesome too!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:41 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MarkDFW
Great driving Jerry! 4:15 in the first video was a serious pucker factor for the guy that spun! Wonder what he was thinking as he got closer to the wall?
Thanks Mark I didn't get to talk to Buck after that, I never saw it till watching the vid When is your next event? I'm trying to do a test day at MSR Memorial Day weekend, they will be running the 3.1. I'll have a new clutch and brakes to try out. You and Corey should come out!

Originally Posted by Bills Z06
Nice job Jerry.
Which car were you in? I worked corner 7 for the weekend.
I usually run in the TT class, but I got lazy and didn't get my car ready in time.
Bill
White C6 #28. It was my first time in TT with this car. Your turn was one I definitely needed to work on. I didn't put the tires right on the curb often enough and trust the camber. Watching the vid I was missing the mark by a couple of feet half the time.

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Nice driving, Jerry! Sorry I missed that event, but my car wasn't ready in time.

Your car sounds awesome too!
I'll miss you at NOLA (if your going) I have a wedding to go to. I'll be at Hallett though in case you make it up.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:44 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JerryTX
Thanks Mark I didn't get to talk to Buck after that, I never saw it till watching the vid When is your next event? I'm trying to do a test day at MSR Memorial Day weekend, they will be running the 3.1. I'll have a new clutch and brakes to try out. You and Corey should come out!
I am all over the MSR 3.1! Who is hosting the event and where do I sign up? Is it Driver's Edge or Apex?
Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

It is a member day, we would be guests of a member: $30 for each 30min session. No instruction.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:33 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

It is a member day, we would be guests of a member: $30 for each 30min session. No instruction.
Now all I need is a member! Keith Verges who runs Apex had me and several other people out there in December on the 3.1 for a member day and I had a blast. Hopefully he will e-mail as it looks like they have a long weekend where the 3.1 is going for Memorial Day.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:17 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

I've got the hook up Mark were good!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

I've got the hook up Mark were good!
Awesome! Let me know what day or days you plan on going. If the weather is good, I am there! I am ready to tear it up with the Dunlop slick scrubs I got. I just need a way to get the slicks to the track, since I don't have a truck/trailer yet (I will be getting both sometime next year). I may have to get the other half to go with me and cram the slicks in her small SUV.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:07 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

I'm actually off that day and also a member. Will try to make it out there and join you guys so if you need another member to host some folks, let me know. Just installed a splitter and wing and need to do some testing as well.

Jay
Old 04-28-2013, 12:50 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by crease-guard
I'm actually off that day and also a member. Will try to make it out there and join you guys so if you need another member to host some folks, let me know. Just installed a splitter and wing and need to do some testing as well.

Jay
Awesome. Thanks, Jay!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:44 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

This is still on, both my brothers will be out to, should be a good time, you guys still in for next Saturday?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

This is still on, both my brothers will be out to, should be a good time, you guys still in for next Saturday?
I have slicks scrubs and the other half can't go that day. Was planning on dragging her to the track and stuffing my track wheels/tires in her SUV.

Anyone have room for my track wheels/tires? I could drive them over to your place Friday night and pick them back up Saturday night or any time next weekend that works. I would meet you there Saturday morning and throw them on real quick. If no room, no biggie. I will drag her out with apex on June 1 for the 1.7.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:59 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Is this planned for Saturday or Monday?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:26 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Saturday.

Mark, if you bring your wheels by my house in Keller I'll get them to the track. Send me a pm, I'll reply Monday when I'm back in town with address etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Track Vid NASATX ST1

Quick Reply: Track Vid NASATX ST1