Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Selection Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:59 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Clutch Selection Help

I currently have a ~3 year old Textralia Z-grip, I still need to pull it out of the car but judging by the uneven PP fingers it looks like the clutch is shot. Time to decide what to replace it with.

I really liked the Z-grip, it had a great clutch pedal feel and never missed a beat until it died unexpectedly. I am thinking about purchasing another one, but am also open to other ideas. I have been reading a lot of positive reviews about the Mantic ER2 as well.

I would like to stick with a single disc to keep cost down, and also prefer stockish pedal feel. The car makes near stock power and is a 90% track car, 10% street car.

What does everyone recommend?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:03 AM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just put a stock C5Z clutch back in it. Given stock power, and that I don't drag race and do drive on the street a lot, I don't know what exactly I'd get from the aftermarket. The labor to do the swap is very $$$ and nobody these days seems to stand behind a clutch for the labor if there are problems.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Anything BUT Spec.

HPDE = stock clutch
W2W or TT = smaller/lighter the better
Old 05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well here is the picture of what failed on my ~3 year old Textralia Clutch. I'm fairly disappointed since the flywheel, clutch disc, and PP surface looked great. I ended up going with a Mantic ER2 clutch after speaking with various vendors. It basically feels like a stock clutch that is supposed to hold up to heat and more power. We will see how it goes after a few track days.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:29 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

I think you will be very happy with the Mantic ER2.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:59 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensa
Well here is the picture of what failed on my ~3 year old Textralia Clutch. I'm fairly disappointed since the flywheel, clutch disc, and PP surface looked great. I ended up going with a Mantic ER2 clutch after speaking with various vendors. It basically feels like a stock clutch that is supposed to hold up to heat and more power. We will see how it goes after a few track days.

That would be enough to put me off Textralia. WTF?

When mine comes due I am thinking a c6z clutch (in a c5z).

Old 05-09-2013, 03:30 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My car is for HPDE and maybe TT in the future, so I'm not looking to shave off every ounce, So I recently replaced my clutch with the C6Z clutch. Feels way batter than the Centerforce I had in there.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:56 PM
sebdavid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a C6Z clutch in my C5Z and it works well, no problem driving in on the road either to get to the track, even in traffic. And my mom can drive it, which was important to me since we sometimes share the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Selection Help

Quick Reply: Clutch Selection Help