Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Cam - C6 Wheel Well

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:42 PM
CONE RACER
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Brake Cam - C6 Wheel Well

Had a fun day at Atlanta Motorsports Park on Monday so we had some time to play around with the cameras a bit. Here's a quick clip (30 seconds) from the left front wheel well in my C6 from about 6 minutes into the session. Brake temps were a little higher around 15 minutes, but not significantly. The video shows front straight, entrace to T1 thru entrance to T3. Stock rotor with Carbotech pads and Brembo LCF 600. I've been running this set-up for about a year, and I was interested to see what was really going on down in there. Always had excellent performance. This was the fourth event on the front rotors. They're done, but after seeing how they glow in the video, it seems like a reasonable expectation out of them. Kind of cool. Choose high def and full screen - it shows some good detail.

Last edited by CONE RACER; 04-30-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

That is really cool. Thanks
Old 05-03-2013, 12:28 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Mind sharing what camera you used for that?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:33 PM
CONE RACER
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

We put a GoPro sticky mount on the frame rail and hung the camera on that. Just turned the wheel to lock, reached in and clipped it on just before we went out. Super easy. I'm thinking about other places to try - foot well/pedal area, rear suspension, engine compartment, etc...
Old 05-05-2013, 12:31 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Wow. I have the first version of the GoPro with HD and I'm surprised at how well your camera handles the light difference. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Cam - C6 Wheel Well

Quick Reply: Brake Cam - C6 Wheel Well