Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some fun vid from NASA central region TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Default Some fun vid from NASA central region TT

had fun this weekend doing 1st nasa event, couldnt beat lawdogg over the weekend but we sure as heck had fun in this session.

any pointers from people who have been to MAM? I am rusty since only got out 1 time last year due to motor being blown and this was the 1st event for the year.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:05 AM
TmillerC5
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I was there. It's a shame that the paddock is so crappy. I think I brought home enough gravel to fill a landfill. Track layout nice just crappy facility's. I know it was flooded for a long time but really
Old 05-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Paddock, grid, roads, roads into the facility all suck. Track is a blast. Flows well with some speed. Good Corvette track.

Derek, I think you shed a lot of that rust by Sunday! I think this was our early Sunday a.m. session. It was the warm up session Haha!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

The track paddock has been a mess since before the flood. There is few good spots that arent heaved anymore.

I remember going back in 2003 when it was all pristine still
Old 05-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Also, congrats to the Gman for competing in his first wheel to wheel to wheel races.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:48 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

yeah GMan the car is a beauty, also ron operation monoball suspension swap started this afternoon, got rear control arms all out.

got the hub that was grinding replaced that was easy

hey i did notice i am really screwing up the lines on the turn before the main straight and also the turn around that decreasing radius turn 3 i believe, anyone else notice any areas for improvement?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Derek, your lines are perfect, don't change a thing. What monoball kit did you choose?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:34 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by Lawdogg
Derek, your lines are perfect, don't change a thing. What monoball kit did you choose?
havent decided yet inputs on those welcome as well
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 AM
BFoster
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 49 Posts

Derek,

For being rusty you looked fast! I checked in on those lap times, both you and Lawdogg were really moving out!

Here is a link that I posted a couple years ago, and got some good input from a couple of experienced MAM drivers. Obviously the power level my car was at is far from what you are currently making so your lines will be a little different. Might give you something you can use though!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...mam-video.html
Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BFoster
Derek,

For being rusty you looked fast! I checked in on those lap times, both you and Lawdogg were really moving out!

Here is a link that I posted a couple years ago, and got some good input from a couple of experienced MAM drivers. Obviously the power level my car was at is far from what you are currently making so your lines will be a little different. Might give you something you can use though!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...mam-video.html
I remember watching that video when you posted it and thinking that you really attacked the course and showed really good car control. From my own autox days I was reminded of how hard you had to attack from a standing start to be competitve. Nice driving!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:02 PM
BFoster
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 49 Posts

Thank you for the compliment, and i agree. For one lap, you have to attack 100% but if I had to drive more than that one lap, I'm pretty sure i'd be leaving a lot of metal and debris along my path! Either way, there were a few good pointers in that thread from driving instructors at MAM that may help both of your lap times. I really hope i can join you all this year if my car is legal, im thinking ttu is my only option.

Get notified of new replies

To Some fun vid from NASA central region TT

Quick Reply: Some fun vid from NASA central region TT