Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Race Seat for C2 Autocrosser

Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
sfsvettes
BubbaHut
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Best Race Seat for C2 Autocrosser

Hey guys, I need an assist .
First off I have a nice little 65 roadster that I drive on the street 95% of the time. Not a track car , but I have made several mods to the suspension set up for autocrossing.
I have the dual mount rear spring on the rear & transverse glass spring on the front along with double adjsutable QA1's. bigger sway bar etc .
After taking my car out for a couple of local autocross events I have dicided I really need a seat that can hold my big butt in place. It's tuff to steer from the passenger seat side of the car.
The car seems to stick way better than I do ??
Can anyone point me in the right direction on the largest seat I can fit in to my car without cutting up to much ??
I would like to work out a quick way to change seats in & out when I am going to autocross for a weekend etc.
Thanks
Scott
Old 05-09-2013, 12:32 PM
jstewart10
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default seats

I'm going to use corbeau clubman seats in my '63 for autocross, and you can buy brackets to bolt directly to the factory mounts. You shouldn't have to cut it up.

There are other styles of corbeau seats that you could use too, and while they aren't as nice as the road-race seats these guys use they will be fine in autox.

A couple of links:

http://www.soloracer.com/corbeauclubman.html

http://corbeau.com/service/seat_brackets/

Hope that helps, jason
Old 05-09-2013, 01:58 PM
sfsvettes
BubbaHut
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Thanks

Thanks jason,
I will check them out
Originally Posted by jstewart10
I'm going to use corbeau clubman seats in my '63 for autocross, and you can buy brackets to bolt directly to the factory mounts. You shouldn't have to cut it up.

There are other styles of corbeau seats that you could use too, and while they aren't as nice as the road-race seats these guys use they will be fine in autox.

A couple of links:

http://www.soloracer.com/corbeauclubman.html

http://corbeau.com/service/seat_brackets/

Hope that helps, jason
Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 315 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by sfsvettes
Thanks jason,
I will check them out
Years ago, I found an 81 seat on the cheap, cut two slots in the back for the harness (sewed leather to close the open holes) and slot in the seat cushion (again covered the open areas with leather). Then I fashioned a X bracket under the bolt holes for the seat to mount the sub strap and ran it for 15 years without a problem. As I recall the seat cost me 25 and another 5 in miscellaneous parts/bolts.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:17 PM
sfsvettes
BubbaHut
Support Corvetteforum!

That sounds like a plan, but I really need the lateral support to stay put.
Thanks for the the idea.. I have a buddy that put 2006 GTO seats in his 66 and they look great & have nice side bolsters, just think I need more lateral support & I have bigger A** to fit in it .. Ha Ha

Originally Posted by Gordy M
Years ago, I found an 81 seat on the cheap, cut two slots in the back for the harness (sewed leather to close the open holes) and slot in the seat cushion (again covered the open areas with leather). Then I fashioned a X bracket under the bolt holes for the seat to mount the sub strap and ran it for 15 years without a problem. As I recall the seat cost me 25 and another 5 in miscellaneous parts/bolts.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Race Seat for C2 Autocrosser

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Race Seat for C2 Autocrosser