Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Car Rental Firms Have Clauses Restricting Track Use

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Which Car Rental Firms Have Clauses Restricting Track Use

My firm has been sponsoring a few track days for our clients. Soon will be our third annual event.

It seems some of the clients have rented cars for their track days. I know Hertz has specific exclusions for anything on or near a track. I am sure this is the way for all firms eventually.

Which firms, if any, don't have this exclusion.

Thanks,

Oli
Old 07-30-2013, 04:58 PM
ZoomFreakinZoom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I know all of them do. Some companies also have a clause written into the contract saying if you were to destroy the car doing something forbidden by the contract, you are liable for the lost income from said car over a certain time period, aka you are going to be paying a lot more than just the value of the car. Just an FYI.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:18 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Back many years ago when Hertz had their original special Hertz Mustang GT's . you always saw them at drag strips. But most people that rented them for a night at the drags would remove the license plates and cover any visible serial numbers. I think at some point Hertz put some sort of ID badges on the cars in secret locations.

The new Hertz Penske Mustang GT's are sweet but at something like $180 per day or $800 per week may keep most people from renting one. And you can bet that the PCM has a tattle-tale that will show engine RPM, MPH and even g-force recordings.

Get notified of new replies

To Which Car Rental Firms Have Clauses Restricting Track Use

Quick Reply: Which Car Rental Firms Have Clauses Restricting Track Use