Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paralized newbie drives HIGH TECH Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Wheelseat
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paralized newbie drives HIGH TECH Corvette

I am glad I talked these guys into getting me into a race car again after totally breaking my spine and stretching it thin like a thread. But... I never expected this incredible, VERY, Very Expensive Corvette World Challenge Style Corvette. Now for the cool and unique part. No one has successfully hooked up a manual transmission, figure out a start and stop and shifting Clutch? How'd they do it. An electric eye sees my hand grabbing the shift lever, pulls it out of gear... as I take my away (off shift lever)... the motor comes back in and helps brake car. Starting and Stopping: Starting slow... I take my hand away slowly and far out from the lever slowly. If I want a fast start... Put it in gear, grab some go peddle (or Ring) in my case, and pull my hand away from the Shifts lever fast.... Zoom... IM gone! Hope to meet some of you as we tour the car and meet and greets. The 1 Hour Documentary is in the works. Filming done... (thank God or??) now its in editing... then I hope to raise funds for those injured specifically in Motorsports. (SCI) have soared last few years.. with ATV, Motorcycles, etc. See Ya Soon, Mike
Old 08-31-2013, 08:42 AM
braknl8
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very
Old 08-31-2013, 02:17 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Our club has a serious autocrosser that is paralyzed from the waist down and uses hand controls on a C6. He can come to the track late with no course walk and run times that are close to FTD.
He is fantastic and a super nice guy!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:36 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FKING1
Our club has a serious autocrosser that is paralyzed from the waist down and uses hand controls on a C6. He can come to the track late with no course walk and run times that are close to FTD.
He is fantastic and a super nice guy!
THAT IS SO COOL! My quadrapalegic Buddie loves that story
Old 09-01-2013, 12:14 AM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

My friend just fell off a ladder, and suffered a minor spinal cord injury. Very serious.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Wheelseat
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your friend needs to get to Craig Hospital as soon as possible. They are the premier Center For Spinal Cord Surgeries, etc. Rehab, all of it. There is Shepard, thats fins, Miami Project, Forget it..... but Craig is where he needs to go immediately. He needs to call and get to Charlotte, to get in With Dr Falci. He is worldwide considered the best. Call Craig at.303 789-8462... Get to Charlotte... Truly the nbest possible place for any kind of an outcome.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:41 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheelseat
Your friend needs to get to Craig Hospital as soon as possible. They are the premier Center For Spinal Cord Surgeries, etc. Rehab, all of it. There is Shepard, thats fins, Miami Project, Forget it..... but Craig is where he needs to go immediately. He needs to call and get to Charlotte, to get in With Dr Falci. He is worldwide considered the best. Call Craig at.303 789-8462... Get to Charlotte... Truly the nbest possible place for any kind of an outcome.
He went to Jackson hospital in FL, supposed to be on the top 10 list. He's walking pretty well all considering.

Get notified of new replies

To Paralized newbie drives HIGH TECH Corvette

Quick Reply: Paralized newbie drives HIGH TECH Corvette