Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of valve can I use for my breather can setup?

Old 09-07-2013, 11:21 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default What kind of valve can I use for my breather can setup?

After battling motor throwing oil over my motor for the past 3 years, I am trying a breather can option. From this pic from another thread:

I was going to run the 2 rear valve cover ports to breather can like shown here. For the front port of passenger side valve cover, I was going to use the small breather to let fresh air back in. However, I was hoping to put a one-way valve there to keep oil from coming out, only air going in. Would a regular PCV valve work there? I am not sure breather can would be sufficient to allow fresh air back in. If so, it would be simpler to plumb the 3 ports to breather can and go with that.

Thoughts? TIA

Johnny
Old 09-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
After battling motor throwing oil over my motor for the past 3 years, I am trying a breather can option. From this pic from another thread:

I was going to run the 2 rear valve cover ports to breather can like shown here. For the front port of passenger side valve cover, I was going to use the small breather to let fresh air back in. However, I was hoping to put a one-way valve there to keep oil from coming out, only air going in. Would a regular PCV valve work there? I am not sure breather can would be sufficient to allow fresh air back in. If so, it would be simpler to plumb the 3 ports to breather can and go with that.

Thoughts? TIA

Johnny
I run three breather cans and drain about 8 oz total in all three after 5 sessions on the track. The motor is a forged Lingenfelter. I get razzed about my breather can farm, but it's working and I don't have a bunch of oil going into my intake.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:59 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Last C5
I run three breather cans and drain about 8 oz total in all three after 5 sessions on the track. The motor is a forged Lingenfelter. I get razzed about my breather can farm, but it's working and I don't have a bunch of oil going into my intake.
Do you just let the breather cans provide the fresh air supply?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
Do you just let the breather cans provide the fresh air supply?
Yes, and it seems to work fine. When you think about it, the stock system only had the intake connection for fresh air and that connection would have been scavaging the blow by more than adding air.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:13 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:28 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have two 1 qt catch cans that I never used if you want them. Just add breathers and hose. NIB. Just pay shipping, I need them out of my office.

You will want to use one for each VC.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:24 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Awesome. Just sent you a pm.

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To What kind of valve can I use for my breather can setup?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What kind of valve can I use for my breather can setup?