Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick is back on CF!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 05:35 PM
0Matt@Tick
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tick is back on CF!

Some of you may know who and what Tick Performance is and the services we offer the Corvette Community.

Some of you may not though. For those that don't here is our website and a Google search will show that we've been in business for over 10 years going on 11 now and make very high performance and high quality parts for late model GM vehicles.

I will be the only person from Tick that posts on CF as it's the only active account we have here so please forward all questions to me if you have one.

Glad to be back guys!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a quick question for you regarding a Tick clutch master cylinder I installed last week on my c5 Z06 race car. Everything has been put back and bled. (Very nice product I must say- easy to install except for those damn 3 clutch pedal bolts and that's the factory's fault!) Upon adjusting the pedal- I had been using the method of depressing the clutch completely and reving to around 6000 rpm. As the car continued to creep- I kept backing out on the rod. I've ALMOST got it all out when the heim rod end fell off because I am the end of the threads. I made an adjustment on the threaded rod portion of the turnbuckle to get a few threads engaged on the heim rod side but I'm pretty much at the end of my adjustment. That being said- If I perform the "rev test" in 3rd gear the car doesn't move. In 1st gear- it moves just a tad. Do I need more adjustment?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:57 AM
0Matt@Tick
Former Vendor

You need to ensure that both ends of the turnbuckle's adjustment are adjusted equally.

You do not want one end adjusted out so far that it does what happened to you.

90% of the master cylinder installs we do in house, and I would say it's closer to 100% the clutch pedal ends up level with the brake pedal.

If you're out of engagement the clutch pedal should be much higher than the brake pedal.

If you have one of our remote bleeders, crack it open a 1/4 of a turn, leave it open while bleeding and slowly pump the clutch pedal. After 5-6 pumps, close it off.

Regarding the rev test, make sure you're on flat completely level ground. Continue to raise the clutch pedal up until it does not "creep".
Old 09-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I thought I had set the turnbuckle to the bottom position on both ends. I will double check. I am pretty much even with the brake pedal right now. I don't have the remote bleeder but we've already bled the cylinder in the manner you describe. I'm assuming the rev test should be done in 1st gear- correct?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Chevy Nick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance we will see a Tick adjustable clutch master cylinder for 09+ corvettes?
Old 09-22-2013, 08:30 AM
spectator2
Instructor

Hey, I put a tick master clutch cyl. on. The pedal efforts are very high, do you put the helper spring back on after making all adjustments?

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Some of you may know who and what Tick Performance is and the services we offer the Corvette Community.

Some of you may not though. For those that don't here is our website and a Google search will show that we've been in business for over 10 years going on 11 now and make very high performance and high quality parts for late model GM vehicles.

I will be the only person from Tick that posts on CF as it's the only active account we have here so please forward all questions to me if you have one.

Glad to be back guys!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick

Glad to be back guys!
Thanks for your support for our men in uniform. Why were you away for so long?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 PM
0Matt@Tick
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
I thought I had set the turnbuckle to the bottom position on both ends. I will double check. I am pretty much even with the brake pedal right now. I don't have the remote bleeder but we've already bled the cylinder in the manner you describe. I'm assuming the rev test should be done in 1st gear- correct?
Bring it up level with the brake pedal. Make sure all air is bled from the system.

Ensure your slave is in proper order as well.
Originally Posted by Chevy Nick
Any chance we will see a Tick adjustable clutch master cylinder for 09+ corvettes?
The C6 master will bolt right on a 09+ C6. The only draw back is the car will start without the clutch pedal pressed in, but this is in easy fix by having the clutch pedal position sensor re-calibrated with a Tech 2.
Originally Posted by spectator2
Hey, I put a tick master clutch cyl. on. The pedal efforts are very high, do you put the helper spring back on after making all adjustments?
No, leave the spring out. The only reason the spring is there is to support the slight amount of slack that the clutch pedal has when you press it at the top of its travel. There will always be a slight 1/8-3/4" of free play in the clutch pedal. It's also there to "help" the pedal back to the top of its travel.

This is certainly not needed with our master cylinder as it has its own tendency to spring back towards you all by itself. Allowing for much quicker clutch engagement.

No stock master or modified factory master cylinder will give that feeling.
Originally Posted by Shaka
Thanks for your support for our men in uniform. Why were you away for so long?
Hadn't renewed our sponsorship. We're very active on the other big LS boards.

Last edited by Matt@Tick; 09-23-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:13 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks this post is very helpful, I ordered one last week, it will help my guys know what to expect. Are the master cylinders still two weeks out?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 PM
0Matt@Tick
Former Vendor

They're currently on backorder for the C6 yes. We're very sorry for the delay in shipments on C6 master cylinders right now. This doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 AM
0Joey@Tick
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Nick
An updated product description is now live on our website, here: http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...rvette-c6-z06/

As Martin mentioned, with a Clutch Pedal Position Relearn performed, the kit will install and work as it is designed to on 09+ models.

Get notified of new replies

To Tick is back on CF!

Quick Reply: Tick is back on CF!