Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires - Michelin PS2 ZP VS the 2 new PSS ZPs?

Old 10-02-2013, 05:05 PM
jwd
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Tires - Michelin PS2 ZP VS the 2 new PSS ZPs?

Hope this isn't too dumb a question...

Looking at tires... Was leaning PS2 ZP, but now the new PSS ZPs look interesting.

But.. It looks like there are two PSS ZPs. One for the standard Stingray, that seems to share sizes with the C6 Coupe (2008 Z51)? and a better performing PSS ZP included with the C7 Z51 (larger wheels lower profile tires)

The PSS ZPs that ship w/ the C7 Z51 sound like an even better performing tire...

Looking at the sizes, and what I've been able to find so far, I have a question. (again, hopefully not too dumb a question)

Will the larger wheels from the C7 Z51 fit my 2008 Z51 w/o any body modifications? (not interested in change to wide-body) Any other concerns with this?

Will the handling be that different between the two PSS ZPs, that a wheel change should even be considered? Thinking autocross...

I know it's early in the game, but would also love to hear from anyone that's driven on all these tires and could compare them? Would especially like to hear from anyone that's driven on both new PSS ZPs and the PS2 ZP and could offer a comparison.. Anyone that's driven all of these in Autocross or HPDE, would be especially interesting to hear from... I'm sure that number is limited so far...

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:45 PM
jwd
Instructor

Still would love any thoughts on the subject, if anyone has any.

thanks
Old 11-04-2013, 05:26 PM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

While we know the PS2 ZP's very well with the new PSS ZP's just coming out we will not know much more than the marketing info from Michelin until springtime at the earliest. I have placed a couple of calls to some people to see if they can share any info with me. If those contacts garner anything tangible I will post here.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:40 AM
jwd
Instructor

Luke,

Thanks, would be great to find some information on these two tires (C7 and C7 Z51 PSS ZP), and how each compare (especially in an autocross/HPDE setting) to the PS2 ZPs.

Get notified of new replies

To Tires - Michelin PS2 ZP VS the 2 new PSS ZPs?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tires - Michelin PS2 ZP VS the 2 new PSS ZPs?