Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPDE alignment specs

Old 11-26-2013, 11:15 AM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HPDE alignment specs

[ATTACH]Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1999
Size:  48.0 KB[/ATTACH]Getting prepared for my first HPDE at Daytona and was looking for input on my alignment

2012 GS m6 with 15 k miles and Michelin pilot super sports ( non run flats) also have old tires/ rims Goodyear with only 4/32 tread left sitting off to the side....need to burn them up.

Last alignment was July at 9k miles. Will be doing all 3 days in Daytona, should I change the alignment?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

should be ok. depend mostly on your experience level.
as you get faster up to 1.6 front camber and 1-1.5 rear camber
will work better with Michelin PSS
Old 11-26-2013, 12:18 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

with Ernie's comments - you'll be fine with that.

As he says, more negative camber will help as you start to drive the car harder.

Also, you've got a little toe-out up front, and that's good for a better turn-in.

However, you've also got a very tiny bit of toe-out in the rear, and generally you'd like a slight bit of toe-in for the rear to keep the rear tires planted a little better when accelerating during track out.

But, you've got such a slight amount that I wouldn't worry about it for this event.

C'ya at the track in about 10 days!!

Bob
Old 11-26-2013, 01:03 PM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Level is newbie to HPDE but not scared to drive or push the car, either.

If it will be ok I probably will leave it alone for this event, especially if I need to change it back for the street...part time daily driver.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,910 Likes on 5,325 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
with Ernie's comments - you'll be fine with that.

As he says, more negative camber will help as you start to drive the car harder.

Also, you've got a little toe-out up front, and that's good for a better turn-in.

However, you've also got a very tiny bit of toe-out in the rear, and generally you'd like a slight bit of toe-in for the rear to keep the rear tires planted a little better when accelerating during track out.

But, you've got such a slight amount that I wouldn't worry about it for this event.

C'ya at the track in about 10 days!!

Bob

Bob,
His total rear toe is shown as a slight amount of toe out. The car may feel less twitchy and on the edge if he actually had some toe in. I know I like to have around 1/32 at each wheel (~.07 degrees) or 1/16 total toe in for the rear. If I was doing the alignment I would tweak the alignment so both rear wheels were toed in and the thrust angle remained 0. Can't limit the adjustment to the left rear if he wants to keep the 0 thrust angle. Well maybe since the thrust is -.01 he could get by with changing the left rear so the thrust went to .01. Just a slight difference in which the steering wheel is pointed when going straight ahead.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 11-26-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:04 AM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 178 Likes on 160 Posts

Great point Bill.

Get notified of new replies

To HPDE alignment specs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HPDE alignment specs