Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where are all the sbc parts?

Old 11-29-2013, 07:54 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default where are all the sbc parts?

I know all you guys are going LS power, but most have come from traditional small blocks at some point. I'm having trouble finding a used market on quality heads. My l98 has been beat to crap as a hpde car and now I'm getting blow by. I have a separate car I race so this car is purely a tow it to the track, have fun, cruise less than 500 miles a year on the road. Rather than wait till the L98 blows I want to replace it all come jan before next season. I have a hsr cut to fit under my hood, running a holley commander 950. I'm planning on moving to a 383 or 406 depending on what budget will allow but I will need at least 210cc heads to make power up to 6500rpm and want to be stable at 7000 if I have to.

Me being a teacher and single, my budget is pretty limited and I fear waiting till next winter to expand the budget will lead to a blown engine and me scrambling to fix halfway through the season where my time should be spent on upkeep of both race car and fun track vette.

In order to not stretch the budget, but have the most to put into the bottom end and valvetrain (which spinning 7k rpm is a place I can't skimp) I need to get a set of dart pro 1 or afr eliminators used and still have some left over for springs, rockers, and lifters for under $1500. I don't think that is unreasonable. It will be doing 6-7 hpdes a year, not enduro races. And I have to rules or classes to fit into.

I'm surfing the c4 parts section, racing junk (always makes me nervous but have only been pleased with all dealings I've made), third gen, and the occasional ebay. I see lots of dealers on new stuff but I know people have to upgrade to bigger stuff or part out engines that have damage to bearings that don't kill the heads.

Where else can I look or are there any other forums as active as ours that have good honest people to work with? Or am I just way off on expectations? Any other companies that I should keep my eyes out for other than dart pros, afr elim, or trickflow?
Old 11-29-2013, 08:25 PM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have lots of SBC stuff.

PM me what you need.

Have a brand new 383 built engine that has been sitting around for a couple of years waiting for a project that I will probably never get to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: where are all the sbc parts?