Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Issues, Post Seat Swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 AM
BryanPendleton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5 Issues, Post Seat Swap

Alright,

Finally got my Cobra Imolas installed last week in my C5. Unfortunately the seat slider did not provide me with adequate helmet clearance, so i mounted the seat fixed. Positioning is good, but went to adjust the telescoping steering column and "nothing", "not working". Anyone got any tricks to getting the telescopic steering column active again. I am sure with wiring diagram, I could sort it pretty quickly, but I figure this is not the first time this issue has come up.

Thank you,
Old 12-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

When I put in my Corbeau FX-1 Pro's I transferred the SCM from the stock seat to the new seat. With connectors plugged-in the seat won't move (obviously) but, the steering wheel will move in conjunction with the memory selection.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:34 PM
BryanPendleton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bluefire
When I put in my Corbeau FX-1 Pro's I transferred the SCM from the stock seat to the new seat. With connectors plugged-in the seat won't move (obviously) but, the steering wheel will move in conjunction with the memory selection.

Yep, based on wiring diagram I found, that looks like the only solution to maintain a functioning telescopic steering column.

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Issues, Post Seat Swap

Quick Reply: C5 Issues, Post Seat Swap