Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Selection

Old 12-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Wickster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tire Selection

How much better are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports than the Nitto Invo? I'm not ready to step up to a dedicated track tire at this time as I drive my car on the street some weekends. My current setup are the Nitto's and happy at this time however the time has come for new skins.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/sea...C77379&mps=-50

Pilots are $350 more and I do not have a problem spending that money if the tire is that much better for track days.

2010 Grand Sport 6 speed. Car is stock at this time except for brake pads (thanks Adam) with seats, harness bar and belts coming next month.

Last edited by Wickster; 12-11-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:52 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I can't give you lap times to compare but I ran the Invos on my C6 and Michelins on e92 M3s. The michelins are much better from my memory. The Michelins are the best compromise tire imo. I'd also consider NT01s if you don't drive in the rain and don't drive every weekend.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:40 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the money buy forgestar wheels for around $1400 and r comp scrubs. You'll be faster and save money in the long run. Then you can still run whatever street tire you want on your street wheels.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Wickster
Racer

Not quite ready to step up to a track only setup but it's in the near future if I don't buy a track only car.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:21 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

I run track wheels and tires for track days and go back to stock wheels and pilot super sports for the street. My car is my daily driver. You will shave a TON of time off your laps with r comps when you are ready to go that route! I can't imagine going back to street tires after running r comps and/or slicks.

How far away are your tracks? I throw on my race wheels and r comps the night before a track day and drive them to the track, then throw on my street wheels and tires when I get back. Just a thought as you transition to track only....
Old 12-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Wickster
Racer

I'm on the north side of Houston and so far, TWS is the only track I have been to. About 65 miles one way.

I noticed you are up in Dallas/FT Worth, what tracks do you visit?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:19 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wickster
I'm on the north side of Houston and so far, TWS is the only track I have been to. About 65 miles one way.

I noticed you are up in Dallas/FT Worth, what tracks do you visit?
Motorsport ranch in Cresson, south of Fort Worth. Eagles canyon raceway, north of DFW airport.

You have Motorsport ranch in Houston and grand sport speedway near you. Also good tracks, though TWS is probably the most fun.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Selection

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Selection