Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JRi/RAFT/Hyperco/VanSteel questions

Old 12-22-2013, 01:10 PM
crznZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default JRi/RAFT/Hyperco/VanSteel questions

I'm interested in a set of the JRi double adjustable shocks and a Hyperco T1+10% front spring for my C5. I would keep my stock Z06 rear spring, and I would use a 315 square set up on Z06 rear wheels. I have a Hotchkis front bar on the car and a Z06/Z51 bar on the rear. I have the car maxed out on camber and caster, and the car is corner-balanced. I'm between average and fast at most autocrosses, but I have a very heavy right foot, and tend to drive with a lot of slip angle.

Has anyone tried these shocks?

If I order the shocks from Van Steel, do I get the RAFT valving?

Has anyone tried the Hyperco springs? I usually only hear about VBP springs.

Thanks for your input!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Default JRI,Composiites,Dan Popp, Van Steel

Hi there Mr. CRZNZ06,
Van Steel, Dan Popp, Jerry Onks and myself continue to forge ahead with winning on composites. Additionally Todd Rumkie (winning 2011 Optima Battery Street Car) and James Forbes have multiple NASA wins as well.
Addressing some of you questions:
The JRI units that Van Steel sell is what Dan and Jerry run.. early on (18 month ago) we made some minor adjustments but the RAFT kit is our Sunday package…
With respect to composite springs, presently there 4 companies (that we know of in the USA) that have produced automotive composite springs. Only 2 remain with engineering staff. Van Steel has working relations with two of them. With Hyperco, we have a relationship with Lite Flex who manufactures OEM springs for GM and Mercedes and provides units to Hyperco.
Now with that said, Van Steel selects the spring that best serves the end user based upon our continuous testing with Dan and Jerry. We look at lot of points before selecting with tires and aero being a good starting point.
In your application it sounds as though you want a softer springs. What tire do you run? Trailered? Weight? We are a bit higher on our dedicated car package than the T1 +10%.
We are also higher on front sway bar as Hotchkis is only 32mm?….we are 38mm/1.5” tubular…
Let me know your thoughts…email or call
Cheers,
Paul Lesinski
Van Steel
Paul.vansteel@yahoo.com
Old 12-27-2013, 02:05 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

How much are the JRI DA's 2004 z06 street/track/autos 3050# + 200 driver with 1/4 tank?

I am looking at Penske da's remote but open to others.

Never mind, got it, $770 per corner.

Last edited by froggy47; 12-27-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To JRi/RAFT/Hyperco/VanSteel questions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JRi/RAFT/Hyperco/VanSteel questions