Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tudor Sports Car Series

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 01:17 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Default Tudor Sports Car Series

Is anyone else getting excited yet?

I was kind of ambivalent about the merger when it was first announced, but now that the first race is two weeks away, I'm starting to really look forward to it.

The new DPs are looking kinda badass with the bigger wing, splitter and diffuser. It'll be interesting to see how they fare. It will also be interesting to see Muscle Milk in a LMP2. They'll have much more competition in P2.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:13 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

thought daytona wasnt til end of jan?
Old 12-22-2013, 02:22 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

The Roar Before the Rolex is Jan. 3-5.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:25 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by jcsperson
The Roar Before the Rolex is Jan. 3-5.
isnt that mostly testing??? i will have to do some more looking about that race.

will corvette have to have their livery released by then???
Old 12-22-2013, 03:44 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

This post made me check my calendar as well.

Richard Newton
Car Tech Stuff
Old 12-22-2013, 05:32 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by dvandentop
isnt that mostly testing???
Well now that I actually read all the details, it looks like that's exactly what it is. It appears to be a full dress rehearsal for the 24 three weeks later, but with all the cars on the track, not handfuls like have been appearing so far.

Still, I'm pretty stoked. I don't think there has been anything quite like this since the NFL-AFL merger. It's much better than inter-league play like in MLB.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:36 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Well now that I actually read all the details, it looks like that's exactly what it is. It appears to be a full dress rehearsal for the 24 three weeks later, but with all the cars on the track, not handfuls like have been appearing so far.

Still, I'm pretty stoked. I don't think there has been anything quite like this since the NFL-AFL merger. It's much better than inter-league play like in MLB.
yeah i looked at it earlier and thought about going since prob couldnt make daytona would be a heck of a good time anyways i am sure.

the smell of race gas in the air will be startin soon!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:22 PM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Roar Before the 24 is a series sanctioned test with full vendor trackside support. It's the last chance for the teams to feel out their new setups and bits before the 24 race weekend. It's also Continental's last chance to get things right on the DP tires before an even bigger catastrophe than already exists occurs.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:20 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

I'm definitely going to VIR in August. I'm a teacher and have the summer off. My brother lives in Ohio and I'm seriously considering going to the Indy race in July.

I'm very disappointed Mid-Ohio is off the schedule. I've never been to a race at MO that wasn't packed. I don't know dick about KC. All I know is that it's a ROVAL. I can't for the life of me figure out why that would trump the 40-60K crowd they'd get at MO except for N***CAR runs KC.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:50 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Is anyone else getting excited yet?
The Whelen #31 Corvette GT team finished last year by winning at their home track Lime Rock which was the last Grand Am race, and last race at Lime Rock. They are looking forward to a new season starting in prototypes

We'll be producing media/videos and social media updates all through the season, so stay tuned

See you at the Roar!

Old 12-22-2013, 09:15 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by drivinhard
See you at the Roar!
We'll be rooting for you! I can't wait.

Tell us more about how you feel testing is going and how you feel vis-à-vis the LMP2 cars.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:18 PM
C5-vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the picture with the car on the lift gate is very cool.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:40 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

I'm excited about it for sure....I'm excited to see a prototype field that is competitive and that has a lot of involvement. I am sad to see the P1's gone...hopefully this series will lead to something along those lines one day. I'm hoping all goes well with this series, because it's a great thing for us all.

I'm looking forward to the first race...and looking forward to seeing the C7.R!

The only small part I'll miss is, at the ALMS races you ALWAYS knew when the Corvettes were coming or going by without looking...now there's going to be a lot more similar sounds out there. It should be a heck of a field though...it's gonna be chaos at Long Beach...lol.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:48 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

Last edited by jcsperson; 12-23-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:06 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should be an interesting season, I know the "off season" has been crazy.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:50 PM
jwebsta32
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my tickets for the six hour race at the Glen, i cant wait to go!
Old 12-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Could be we'll still know who is coming round the corner

Originally Posted by RC000E
I'm excited about it for sure....I'm excited to see a prototype field that is competitive and that has a lot of involvement. I am sad to see the P1's gone...hopefully this series will lead to something along those lines one day. I'm hoping all goes well with this series, because it's a great thing for us all.

I'm looking forward to the first race...and looking forward to seeing the C7.R!

The only small part I'll miss is, at the ALMS races you ALWAYS knew when the Corvettes were coming or going by without looking...now there's going to be a lot more similar sounds out there. It should be a heck of a field though...it's gonna be chaos at Long Beach...lol.
If the final C7.Rs end up to be anything like what Tommy Milner drove at Laguna Seca this past August at the Historic Races, we’ll have no problem distinguishing these cars. The roar from his car was extremely low and brutish. I spoke to him right after he completed a couple of laps and he said he couldn’t believe how his ears were ringing. He was obviously surprised how loud his car was.

Get notified of new replies

To Tudor Sports Car Series

Old 12-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Miller
If the final C7.Rs end up to be anything like what Tommy Milner drove at Laguna Seca this past August at the Historic Races, we’ll have no problem distinguishing these cars. The roar from his car was extremely low and brutish. I spoke to him right after he completed a couple of laps and he said he couldn’t believe how his ears were ringing. He was obviously surprised how loud his car was.
I was in the grandstands and was pretty surprised with the sound when it pulled out for the first lap. It did sound good.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:04 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

It's great that the TUDOR series left GT intact. Someday we'll look back on the current GT series racing and think of it as "the good ole days", with the parity and variety of cars.

Reading the posts, I might be in the minority here, but I just can't get excited about the current DP/LMP2 prototype classes. To me, prototype class racing has historically been advanced technology and full factory efforts. Maybe it's because I was fortunate enough to watch IMSA in the mid '80s to the early '90s with all the awesome Porsche 956/962, Nissan, Toyota, Group 44 Jaguar, and other cool prototype cars.

I'd like to see the GT cars have "stand alone" races, so that the manufacturers like GM/Chevrolet/Corvette, BMW, Porsche, Chrysler/SRT/Viper, etc get the visibility that keeps them thinking that competing is a good return on their investment.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:43 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

10 days till the Roar can't wait to see the new cars all together.

Looking foward to seeing the Whelen car and all the Prototypes not sure about the rule set and if a GT Corvette will stand a chance at Daytona?

Quick Reply: Tudor Sports Car Series