Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI Racing Coilover Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:38 AM
0MTI RACING
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default MTI Racing Coilover Install

Mark has been bitten by the track bug and wanted to get his C6 Vette up to snuff. In comes MTI Racing with our Bilstein coilovers, Big Red sway bars, and stainless steel brake lines for a potent track car. The MTI Racing Bilstein coilovers are custom built, valved, and dynoed in house with all parts machined at MTI Machine's CNC shop. When installing a coilover suspension we also perform a full chassis setup for optimum performance and balance of the car. The chassis setup consist of alignment, ride height setup, and corner balancing the car. MTI Racing keeps a wide variety of spring rates in stock to get the car set up just right for the track or street. The MTI Racing Big Red sway bars are a must on any Corvette for improved handling and all around suspension performance. Less body roll equals more tire contact with the road for better handling and driver confidence. Stainless steel brake lines improve braking by transferring the drivers input to the Carbotech XP-16 friction surface more directly with less hose expansion over rubber. The old brake fluid was also flushed out using Wilwood 570 Hi-Temp fluid. MTI racing also installed a set of Hoosier R6's that will benefit the handling and braking of Mark's Corvette. To get everything shifting properly we also installed the MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter for a more precise and smooth shifting action. The Six Shooter shifter will instill confidence on the track and street. No fear of missing a gear with the Six Shooter shifter.

Since the car was here Mark decided to do an oil change, diff service, trans service, and chassis retorque along with tech inspection for NASA and SCCA racing.

All Items Installed at MTI Racing

MTI Racing Bilstein Coilover Suspension
MTI Racing Big Red Sway Bars
MTI Racing Stainless Steel Brake Lines
MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter for Corvette
MTI Racing Rocker Savers
Carbotech XP-16 Brake Pads
Wilwood 570 Hi-Temp Brake Fluid
Hoosier R6 Tires

MTI Racing coilover with Big Red Sway Bars.

MTI Racing CNC machined spring seat

MTI Racing front Big Red Sway Bars

MTI Racing rear Big Red Sway Bars
Old 01-26-2014, 08:58 PM
msp843
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Bittten by the track bug" - to say the least! Just got back from Roebling Road with the vette. All I can say is WOW!! Reese and his crew did an outstanding job with the car. The handling and car balance was outstanding. With this being my first day with the vette on the track I shaved 5 seconds from my best lap time from my last car (a '13 Mustang). I know when I go back to the track this weekend I will be able to shave more time from the clock.Braking was spot on, cornering was perfect with no under or over steer and the short throw shifter was excellent. If anyone is on the fence about spending the money on suspension and braking upgrades, jump off the fence and do it!! The performance difference is awesome. Thanks again MTI for an outstanding job.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:11 AM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MTI RACING
Mark has been bitten by the track bug and wanted to get his C6 Vette up to snuff. In comes MTI Racing with our Bilstein coilovers, Big Red sway bars, and stainless steel brake lines for a potent track car. The MTI Racing Bilstein coilovers are custom built, valved, and dynoed in house with all parts machined at MTI Machine's CNC shop. When installing a coilover suspension we also perform a full chassis setup for optimum performance and balance of the car. The chassis setup consist of alignment, ride height setup, and corner balancing the car. MTI Racing keeps a wide variety of spring rates in stock to get the car set up just right for the track or street. The MTI Racing Big Red sway bars are a must on any Corvette for improved handling and all around suspension performance. Less body roll equals more tire contact with the road for better handling and driver confidence. Stainless steel brake lines improve braking by transferring the drivers input to the Carbotech XP-16 friction surface more directly with less hose expansion over rubber. The old brake fluid was also flushed out using Wilwood 570 Hi-Temp fluid. MTI racing also installed a set of Hoosier R6's that will benefit the handling and braking of Mark's Corvette. To get everything shifting properly we also installed the MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter for a more precise and smooth shifting action. The Six Shooter shifter will instill confidence on the track and street. No fear of missing a gear with the Six Shooter shifter.

Since the car was here Mark decided to do an oil change, diff service, trans service, and chassis retorque along with tech inspection for NASA and SCCA racing.

All Items Installed at MTI Racing

MTI Racing Bilstein Coilover Suspension
MTI Racing Big Red Sway Bars
MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter for Corvette
MTI Racing Rocker Savers
Carbotech XP-16 Brake Pads
Wilwood 570 Hi-Temp Brake Fluid
Hoosier R6 Tires

MTI Racing coilover with Big Red Sway Bars.

MTI Racing CNC machined spring seat

MTI Racing front Big Red Sway Bars

MTI Racing rear Big Red Sway Bars
I am looking for stiffer/lighter bars for my C6 track car that I am now using T1 bars on. How do the Big Red bars compare in stiffness to the GM T1 bars?
Old 01-15-2015, 01:33 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Old 01-15-2015, 01:36 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by msp843
"Bittten by the track bug" - to say the least! Just got back from Roebling Road with the vette. All I can say is WOW!! Reese and his crew did an outstanding job with the car. The handling and car balance was outstanding. With this being my first day with the vette on the track I shaved 5 seconds from my best lap time from my last car (a '13 Mustang). I know when I go back to the track this weekend I will be able to shave more time from the clock.Braking was spot on, cornering was perfect with no under or over steer and the short throw shifter was excellent. If anyone is on the fence about spending the money on suspension and braking upgrades, jump off the fence and do it!! The performance difference is awesome. Thanks again MTI for an outstanding job.
I highly recommend the Z51 power steering cooler. I see you have a base model. I put in the power steering cooler in about 1 hour, just take off old, put on cooler, new fluid, etc. and done.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:50 PM
braknl8
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
I highly recommend the Z51 power steering cooler. I see you have a base model. I put in the power steering cooler in about 1 hour, just take off old, put on cooler, new fluid, etc. and done.
absolutely.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:57 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
Z51 ps cooler is roughly 200 bucks - a similar unit (universal) can be found in stock at almost every major auto parts store for 20 to 30 bucks
Old 01-15-2015, 11:07 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 178 Likes on 160 Posts

I would spend the extra 180 to keep it OEM and look into a differential cooler too.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Whis9
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Any preferences of wilwood vs torque brake fluid

Get notified of new replies

To MTI Racing Coilover Install

Quick Reply: MTI Racing Coilover Install