Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Killswitch

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 12:39 PM
briannutter1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Killswitch

Interesting conundrum. I'm looking at the flaming river FR1013 push type kill switch. I don't have a full cage. SCCA wants the switch within driver reach and probably accessible from outside as well. ECTA (standing mile) just states it needs to be an external switch anywhere outside the car. I think now would be a good time to move the battery to the right rear of the car as well....which means extra weight from running the cable diagonally across the car if I put the switch on the drivers side.

I could put the kill switch on the passenger side windshield wiper cowl panel so I don't chop up body work. I could even run two switches in series, but don't want to add a bunch of weight in heavy cable. Is there a "legal" remote solenoid style switch?

Any other ideas?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:05 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

How about using a choke cable? You wouldn't be able to turn the switch back on, but you would be able to pull the lever to shut off the car.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:11 AM
briannutter1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

yes, i think that's a good idea.

Get notified of new replies

To Killswitch

Quick Reply: Killswitch