Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help classing my car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 01:40 AM
JsnMR2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help classing my car?

If you guys could be so helpful, I'd really appreciate it! This would be Solo Class. (AutoX)

Just to put it out there, I drive this car on the street. I have started Auto Crossing it, I will drag race it, and I have road raced it. I enjoy this car on many different fronts. That being said, I don't plan on modifying, or unmodifying anything to meet certain requirements for a particular class. I realize my modifications will put me in a extremely competitive class, but oh well I guess..

I've looked up what I could, and I'm assuming I'm in SSP or SSM. Not sure exactly which though... Pretty difficult to figure this out!

The car is a 08 Z06. It has aftermarket heads, and cam. Stock intake manifold and TB. Aftermarket CAI, headers, and cat back, with no cats.

TD clutch. Stock gears.

Upgraded rotors, pads, lines, fluid.

Penske Coilovers, stock sway bars.

18" wheels all around, 295/335 R888 tires.

ZR1 aero parts, and aftermarket rear diffuser.

Stock seats

Not sure what other info would be needed? Let me know if there is.

I know I'm asking a lot, but I appreciate any help!

Old 01-30-2014, 01:42 AM
JsnMR2
Pro

Also, would the addition of seats and sway bars, or intake manifold and TB change my class? These are planned additions.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:53 PM
JsnMR2
Pro

Pretty sure it's SSM now. Just curious if seats, sways, intake mani and TB, would change the class at all.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:31 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by JsnMR2
Pretty sure it's SSM now. Just curious if seats, sways, intake mani and TB, would change the class at all.
You should be in SSM and no the intake, TB, seats or sways will not change that.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:31 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JsnMR2
It would still be in SSM with those changes.

Steve
Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 PM
JsnMR2
Pro

Thanks everyone.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:14 AM
AND0
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm a little late to respond, but the Toyo R888's are rated 100 tread wear, that would bump you from any street class to one of the straight prepared classes, like XP I think. Tough class with purpose built cars. Gotta have 200 rated tread for any street class. With some BFG rivals that car could be pretty good in the SSM.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:07 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

You're SSM because of the coilovers, otherwise, you could be SSP
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by AND0
I'm a little late to respond, but the Toyo R888's are rated 100 tread wear, that would bump you from any street class to one of the straight prepared classes, like XP I think. Tough class with purpose built cars. Gotta have 200 rated tread for any street class. With some BFG rivals that car could be pretty good in the SSM.
Not quite.

"Street" is a (new) category all it's own. This is what's going to replace the current Stock classes come next year, and 140 TW tires (now) and 200TW (2015) are required - no DOT R-comps. Same goes for the Street Touring classes.

But, there are other categories that have the word "street" in the title such as Street Prepared, Street Modified, and these categories have their own tire rules which allow R comp tires. SSM is a class in the Street Mod category and this class allows R-comps.

Bottom line is, just because it might say "street" in the category name, doesn't mean that automatically requires 200TW tires. You have to read further into the rules for each category to know what is allowed and what is not.

Your local region may have different rules, but these are the way it's done nationally.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:27 PM
JsnMR2
Pro

Ordered my number with SSM decals from iZoom. So SSM it is lol. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Help classing my car?

Quick Reply: Help classing my car?