Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant generalize idle to stabilize holly commander

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 04:02 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default cant generalize idle to stabilize holly commander

1989 tpi w/ large runners and base. I know this is more of a holly commander question but im sure you guys may have an idea. I am still in beginning stages and have the ecm locked in open loop. I set the all the values the same in the fuel map and spark map to get my baseline (not all but every value the engine could use in idle) I have a wideband and set fuel to 32 and spark to 14. My a/f is so at 13.4 which I think is pretty good.

Here is the problem, its perfectly stable there at 800 rpm. I have the throttle open a little though. The idle air control reads 5 (minimum value) so it isnt able to do its job. When i start to close the idle adjustment down to attempt letting the IAC take over the idle starts surging immediately once my IAC value hits 6 it ramps it up to 30 and then back to 5 then up to 30 just making the engine surge.

Any ideas how to get that IAC off the fritz? I doubt its a mechanical failure considering the car runs perfect with the original computer hooked up.

Ps: reason I cant ask holly is I work till 7 each day.

Quick Reply: cant generalize idle to stabilize holly commander