Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z51 B-Street Setup Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 03:50 PM
dale3guy
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Default C6 Z51 A-Street Setup Advice

I have a stock 2007 Z51. I autoX’d last season and would like to make some modifications to the car before the next season starts. I will be running in the new A-Street SCCA class. I’m planning on running 265/305 RE-11’s.

The street tire class allows for shock changes and one of the sway bars to change. I am wondering if it is more beneficial to change the front sway bar or change the shocks initially.

I was looking at using the Pfadt Low-Rate sway bar up front. This has the same stiffness range as the Pfadt SS bar. Has anyone run this bar with the Z51 rear bar? How well does it match up?

I did search but mostly found information with running the SS front bar on a Z06 which has a different rear bar compared to the Z51.

Thanks for any advice on setting up the car!

Just noticed I put B-street in the title instead of A-street.

Last edited by dale3guy; 02-07-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:33 PM
CONE RACER
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

You didn't mention, what handling issue you are having and trying to correct? What have you done for alignment settings? Tire pressures? Judging by the post, you haven't tested with the Bridgestone's yet. What tire did you run last season? What is the typical AX course style you run?

The factory Z51 set up is pretty good for AX (after all, that is what GM designed it around) and it allows for a reasonable bit of handling changes just by looking at the items mentioned above. Just swapping bars and/or shocks without a specific characteristic you are looking to improve can be tossing money in the wind.

Also, if you are trying to reduce push (understeer), note that you can go to the 275 on the front and get a bit more rubber down. It has a TW of 180, so it's good for all of this season.

Quick Reply: C6 Z51 B-Street Setup Advice