Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat bolt tip

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 11:10 AM
12zo
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Seat bolt tip

Just bought new track seats. They did not come with bolts to attach to the frames. Didn't notice or think of it before driving home three hours.

Yesterday I visited three hardware stores, two calls to the seat distributor and a stop at two local race shops sourcing metric hardened bolts.

In the end I ordered them online. There is more to seat bolts than meets the eye. Have them come with your seat, especially if you need metric.

This would have all been pretty easy if I needed SAE standard grade 8 bolts. OMP seats need metric and that hardening scale is different too.

Also needed to buy a tap for 8mm threads. The manufacturer seemed to have gotten some epoxy or something in some of the threads.

Just leaving the store with the eight bolts in the seats would have been too easy.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:15 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 12zo
Just bought new track seats. They did not come with bolts to attach to the frames. Didn't notice or think of it before driving home three hours.

Yesterday I visited three hardware stores, two calls to the seat distributor and a stop at two local race shops sourcing metric hardened bolts.

In the end I ordered them online. There is more to seat bolts than meets the eye. Have them come with your seat, especially if you need metric.

This would have all been pretty easy if I needed SAE standard grade 8 bolts. OMP seats need metric and that hardening scale is different too.

Also needed to buy a tap for 8mm threads. The manufacturer seemed to have gotten some epoxy or something in some of the threads.

Just leaving the store with the eight bolts in the seats would have been too easy.
That's one of my pet peeves also. For you vendors who make accessories that require special fasteners, get a clue.

Quick Reply: Seat bolt tip