Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 Z06 track video

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 12:00 PM
hxrly
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 Z06 track video

Had a great time racing the Z06 yesterday at the local track. It now has 41xxx miles and mostly stock, a few modifications are:

- Michelin Pilot Super Sports 285s all around on stock 18" wheels
- Stoptech pads and DOT4 fluid
- All fresh synthetic fluids (trans, diff), running Mobil 1 0-40W for the engine.
- Cambered -1.5 front, -1 rear
- PowerXS headers with e-mail Diablew tune
- LS2 valve springs and belt tensioner

Had fun chasing an E92 M3 and a Boss 302 who wouldn't get out the way. Later down the video you can see a Mustang GT 5.0 (with Brembo brakes) run out of talent and fall off the track.

I also got to drive around the fastest car in the event, a very well built Miata turbo with around 350 whp. The owner and I swapped cars for a couple of easy laps.

Future mods will be seats and harness, the stock seats are crap in the track. I'm quite content with the power and how the car performs at the track for being 12 years old.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:44 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You need to lose the helmet mounted camera. Not slamming anything here but your camera mounting method. IMHO unwatchable.....If you're using a GoPro...get the suction mounts and put it on the windshield the back winda.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:07 PM
hxrly
Racer

I agree, something new I was trying this time around and it came out pretty bumpy. I have tried the suction cup on the rear window, but the image focuses on the inside and the outside comes out bright and undefined. I'll be trying the newer go-pro with the phone app soon enough, that way I can find the perfect mounting position for the inside.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:39 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hxrly
I agree, something new I was trying this time around and it came out pretty bumpy. I have tried the suction cup on the rear window, but the image focuses on the inside and the outside comes out bright and undefined. I'll be trying the newer go-pro with the phone app soon enough, that way I can find the perfect mounting position for the inside.
I use the GoPro on the inside of the front windshield on the pass side. You can see how it looks...

Last edited by ZedO6; 03-23-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:53 PM
hxrly
Racer

Nice, that one came out great. I have to figure out why mine rattles to death when I attach it to the windshield.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:03 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hxrly
Nice, that one came out great. I have to figure out why mine rattles to death when I attach it to the windshield.
There a quite a few mounts...mine is far from ideal. The best mounts are the minimum amount of bends that will work.

I will offer up that the audio requires a separate microphone. I use an Audio Technica lapel mic I picked up on Amazon for $20 that I clip right over the license plate. Otherwise you get the garbled interior noise, camera mount squeaking and everything else.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:48 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Check this video. I have a GoPro on the harness bar, a cam on the helmet (higher up) and one on the passenger bar on top of the airbag.

The best shots are from the harness bar. Many clubs/tracks don't allow cameras on suction mount cups unless they are tethered (even inside).

Get notified of new replies

To 02 Z06 track video

Quick Reply: 02 Z06 track video