Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Grand Sport One piece rotor recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 04:30 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Default C6 Grand Sport One piece rotor recommendations

Folks,
Hit a bit of a quandry. My car came to me with two piece racign brake rotors front and rear(slotted and drilled, not my first choice, but.... Groovy... or so I thought.

It is not legal in my NCCC autocross class to run a two piece rotor (silly, but...)

So, I am going to switch back to a one piece rotor.

The car is primarily an Autocross car- 450whp, running 2-3 autocross events per month.

All also run 2-3 HPDE events a year at a HPDE 2 level (beginner solo, but decently quick for experience level)

Any recommendations on a good rotor to use?

I'm going to pull the RB rotors off and sell them. But I must have 1 pieces to be legal.

I grabbed a set of stock rotors from amazon, but not sure if thats the best route, or if I should grab something else.

Also, would like to hear a pad recommendation as well for this setup..

Thanks
Old 03-31-2014, 05:44 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanKnight
Folks,
Hit a bit of a quandry. My car came to me with two piece racign brake rotors front and rear(slotted and drilled, not my first choice, but.... Groovy... or so I thought.

It is not legal in my NCCC autocross class to run a two piece rotor (silly, but...)

The car is primarily an Autocross car- 450whp, running 2-3 autocross events per month.

All also run 2-3 HPDE events a year at a HPDE 2 level (beginner solo, but decently quick for experience level)

I'm going to pull the RB rotors off and sell them. But I must have 1 pieces to be legal.

I grabbed a set of stock rotors from amazon, but not sure if thats the best route, or if I should grab something else.

Thanks
Stock is probably best,
Pads I use Hawk HP+ they bite well when cold and probably won't get hot enough on autocross to fade
After that Carboteck XP10 front & XP8 rear (seem real noisy on the street)
Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Stock rotor is fine and probably lowest cost. I've had good luck with DBA, initial cost is higher, in theory they run cooler with maybe longer life.

I like Carbotech for pads, rotor friendly, great modulation and life. The dust is easy to wipe off and does not damage the wheels when wet.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by UrbanKnight
Folks,

Thanks
Call me at 216-780-8825. I will be more than happy to help you. I can suggest pads that will perform for you and rotors.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Grand Sport One piece rotor recommendations

Quick Reply: C6 Grand Sport One piece rotor recommendations