Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18x10.5 wheels on 84?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Damon Amendson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18x10.5 wheels on 84?????

I am building my 84 track car, and after looking, and reading almost everything I can find, it looks like the used race tire market may be starting to dry up for 17s. I am trying to find out if anyone has run the c5z 18x10.5s at all four corners on a 84-86? I am wanting to be able to run a square set up, if possible. And if so, what size tire were you able to run.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:59 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Damon Amendson
I am building my 84 track car, and after looking, and reading almost everything I can find, it looks like the used race tire market may be starting to dry up for 17s. I am trying to find out if anyone has run the c5z 18x10.5s at all four corners on a 84-86? I am wanting to be able to run a square set up, if possible. And if so, what size tire were you able to run.
I'm not sure if the offsets are the same, but I ran them on my '95 just fine. They stuck out a little, but I never had any issues with the tires hitting the fenders.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Damon Amendson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltborg
I'm not sure if the offsets are the same, but I ran them on my '95 just fine. They stuck out a little, but I never had any issues with the tires hitting the fenders.

the 84 has a different offset, and I would have to run a spacer with them. just curious to see if anyone out there has autocrossed with this setup....thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 02:38 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Damon Amendson
the 84 has a different offset, and I would have to run a spacer with them. just curious to see if anyone out there has autocrossed with this setup....thanks
That's exactly what I did with it. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures off my hard drive at home.

Get notified of new replies

To 18x10.5 wheels on 84?????

Quick Reply: 18x10.5 wheels on 84?????