Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Lightweight exhaust that meets SCCA autox sound levels

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 04:04 PM
93ASP
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default FS: Lightweight exhaust that meets SCCA autox sound levels

I have a C5 Corvette complete exhaust system for sale that I used on my SCCA autox car. The total system weighs 51# (26# for headers). The headers are LG super pro longtubes. The center muffler is a Burns stainless 3.5" 2 stage muffler with Burns built 3" inlet and 2.5" exit y-pipes. The over axle pipes are 2.5" titanium from a Corsa Ti catback system. The small rear mufflers are 2.5" Burns units. The system will meet the 100 dB limit with just the center muffler and turndowns on a C5 SSP car... I added the rear mufflers to quiet a more modified engine.... More pictures available here: http://s126.photobucket.com/user/ste...y/C5%20Exhaust

$1600 OBO plus shipping
Attached Images   

Last edited by 93ASP; 04-20-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Added header description
Old 04-19-2014, 05:08 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

We have a 91.0 max reading in San Diego. Think it would pass that with all 3 mufflers on? If you get 91.1 + you need to make a change to be allowed to run again. Is there anything in your mind that you could do in grid to "make a change" like those Supertrapp mufflers?

Do you have a video with sound?

Do you need to tune the car because the cats are gone?

Est time to switch stock to yours?

What make are the headers?

Thanks.

Last edited by froggy47; 04-19-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:42 AM
93ASP
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This exhaust was setup to meet the 100 dB national sound limit... and it only just does that. I'd say there is no way it would meet 91 dB in it's current configuration. I'd recommend a tune when changing to a free flowing exhaust. The headers are LG super pro. I don't have any idea how long it would take to change stock to this... not in a few minutes for sure.

I'll dig around in my archives for a sound clip.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:44 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 93ASP
This exhaust was setup to meet the 100 dB national sound limit... and it only just does that. I'd say there is no way it would meet 91 dB in it's current configuration. I'd recommend a tune when changing to a free flowing exhaust. The headers are LG super pro. I don't have any idea how long it would take to change stock to this... not in a few minutes for sure.

I'll dig around in my archives for a sound clip.
Thanks,

Happy Easter.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Lightweight exhaust that meets SCCA autox sound levels

Quick Reply: FS: Lightweight exhaust that meets SCCA autox sound levels