Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS Hoosier slicks very slightly used

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 04:43 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

Default FS Hoosier slicks very slightly used

2 Hoosier R80 slicks with 10 laps or less use on them. Testing only. Very nice shape, 285 30 18 size. $50 each.
4 Hoosier NARRA spec rear slicks. Testing laps only. Very nice shape. 335 30 18. $60 each. Shipping extra. email me at jstout4jms@aol.com
Old 04-24-2014, 06:58 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jstout
2 Hoosier R80 slicks with 10 laps or less use on them. Testing only. Very nice shape, 285 30 18 size. $50 each.
4 Hoosier NARRA spec rear slicks. Testing laps only. Very nice shape. 335 30 18. $60 each. Shipping extra. email me at jstout4jms@aol.com
Whats an R80 or a NAARA slick? All anyone talks about is A6 or R6. Where do these fall in the spectrum?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:20 PM
jstout
Drifting

As I am sure you know, the R6 and A6 are DOT approved tires made of an R compound material with 2 grooves. The R80 is a true slick and is similar in compound to the a6 Hoosier, perhaps not quite as sticky with better wear characteristics, but only slightly less sticky than the A6. The NARRA tire from Hoosier is similarly a true slick for competition use only, and is a spec racing series tire for the NARRA viper series. These tires are more along the lines of the Hoosier R6, not quite a sticky as the A6, but with better wear characteristics. All six tires were purchased for my c6z06, which I was using in time trials. After having them put on an extra set of wheels, and running the last session of a day, I was informed that slicks threw me into the TTR class instead of TTU. I could not be competitive in TTR as cars in that class had 700 hp or more. I no longer have the car, so the tires are useless to me. Hence the crazy cheap price. I paid way more than I am asking for these tires. Jerry
Old 04-25-2014, 05:52 PM
jstout
Drifting

All slicks sold. Thanks. Jerry

Get notified of new replies

To FS Hoosier slicks very slightly used

Quick Reply: FS Hoosier slicks very slightly used