Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tegris and Splitters

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 03:51 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Default Tegris and Splitters

Here's an interesting article about using Tegris for the front splitter. It makes a lot more sense than carbon fiber.

Richard Newton
Old 04-26-2014, 10:27 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tegris is a very durable product. The downside is that it is heavy and is as expensive as carbon fiber.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:42 AM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
Here's an interesting article about using Tegris for the front splitter. It makes a lot more sense than carbon fiber.

Richard Newton
I've used it and it works well. The trick to cost is searching for used NASCAR splitters that can be found really cheap.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:14 AM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Trans Am 2 cars use aluminum clad PVC such as the brand name Komalu made by Kommerling USA. Works very well, is light and cost is only about 80 bucks for a 4x8 sheet. I had a tegris COT splitter on the Vette but have now changed over to the Komalu type.

Sign companies use this product most everyday, so they may be a local source.

Last edited by bosco022; 04-27-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:05 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I was able to pick up four tegris COT splitters for about 200 bucks.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

After many failed attempts utilizing everything from 5/16" plywood with a resin coating to alumilite, I've found the best design is a thin aluminum sheet for the undertray with Tegris skid material on the bottom front edge. If you look on E-_ay there are lots of the old NASCAR pieces which are cheap, new and only take a little shaping to fit a C5 or C6. I will post a picture later or tomorrow.

This design gives maximum down force, excellent cooling (provided you've leaned the radiator forward and vented the hood) and a ton of downforce since there is zero deflection. I can literally rock the entire car with my hand if I push down on the splitter with my hand while it's on the lift. The downside is that it's a little heavy BUT if you've ever destroyed a splitter with a bad off you will appreciate the extra strength.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
After many failed attempts utilizing everything from 5/16" plywood with a resin coating to alumilite, I've found the best design is a thin aluminum sheet for the undertray with Tegris skid material on the bottom front edge. If you look on E-_ay there are lots of the old NASCAR pieces which are cheap, new and only take a little shaping to fit a C5 or C6. I will post a picture later or tomorrow.

This design gives maximum down force, excellent cooling (provided you've leaned the radiator forward and vented the hood) and a ton of downforce since there is zero deflection. I can literally rock the entire car with my hand if I push down on the splitter with my hand while it's on the lift. The downside is that it's a little heavy BUT if you've ever destroyed a splitter with a bad off you will appreciate the extra strength.
What is involved in angling the radiator forward on a C6 Z06? I don't think I've seen anyone do this.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:45 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Custom intake is about all it takes AFAIK. I did a c5 and saw a setup on a c6.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:25 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tegris and Jabroc both make good "consumable" splitter materials.

Get notified of new replies

To Tegris and Splitters

Quick Reply: Tegris and Splitters