Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Hubstand" Diy alignment and setup tool

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 07:55 AM
tungstenfoot
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default "Hubstand" Diy alignment and setup tool

A notable Miata shop (FM) is making an alignment hub mount stand which i think i can use for my C5Z. These hubstands make adjustments WAY EASIER given your access to adjustments w/o wheels. They are $395 pair BUT, the slotted mounting design makes them universal for 5 x 100mm thru 5 x 130mm for both 12mm and 14mm studs...meaning i can use these on all my cars! And others
Has anyone here used these FM stands on a vette? Curious to know if there are any clearance issues.

I also posted this in case you DIY alignment guys didnt know about these. Check them out.
If they fit, i really would like 2 pair for use with my smart strings. Thats a hot setup for sure and a universal setup which would fit ALOT of different cars so yeah, its an investment toward Diy alignment.

Last edited by tungstenfoot; 05-14-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

These are a bit more capable:

http://www.bbxracing.com/product_inf...products_id=69
Old 04-27-2014, 09:15 PM
tungstenfoot
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
Yes, ive seen those. How are they more capable? Oh i see they are height adjustable...but i can adjust rake with shims underneath stands w same height. i run square setup anyways.
Right off the bat i see the adaptor is limited to certain sizes, I have to buy 4, plus they are way more expensive- these START at $895. the vette stands list for $1195! That seems a bit crazy to me. That puts them out of my price range.

The fm stands have toe sticks included and more universal for $395 pair, so if i want (or cant afford) i can start w 2. This unfortunately, i may have to do. Even $800 for 4 fm stands, thats a hefty price of admission for me...they're gonna have to save me ALOT of time doing alignments.

Last edited by tungstenfoot; 04-27-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:48 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You can get adapters that are drilled for multiple sizes.

The Hubstands are, I'm nearly certain, a more accurate alternative but are slightly more expensive (after a handsome rebate, if you are a racer). The FM ones may work out fine for you. Go for it.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:45 AM
ImHuntingWabbits
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tungstenfoot
Has anyone here used these FM stands on a vette? Curious to know if there are any clearance issues.
Clearance issues? Stock C6 hubs are 70.3mm so they should have 2mm of clearance.

C6 bolts are 5x120 so no issues there either.

Get notified of new replies

To "Hubstand" Diy alignment and setup tool

Quick Reply: "Hubstand" Diy alignment and setup tool