Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxcar-7 at Watkins Glen video2

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Boxcar-7 at Watkins Glen video2

Been busy helping Teresa with her garage sale, even though she'll disagree...LOL

Ok, for the record the Mustang did NOT dive bomb me and or beat me. Nor did he pass me, in fact watch the video and you will see how terrible he was doing. It almost makes you wonder why he is not in Group 1.

The other video is a good chase between me and another driver. I caught him, then slow traffic got between us. He took off, then I got a to pass the slower traffic and caught and passed him. The next morning at BK while getting y sandwich we met, had a good talk and each of us enjoyed the chase. So if you care to watch
(Chase)
(Moosetang)
Thanks for viewing.
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2014, 05:59 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The Mustang driver seemed lost and had no concept of what an apex is !
Old 05-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Was this a Track Masters event?

Bill
Old 05-04-2014, 08:07 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Holy $hit.
That was hilarious!
Braking at the 1000 ft mark for the bus stop!
Had a couple of those types in G2 this weekend with the BMW club...don't know how they get there or what their instructors are telling them--had one go straight through the bus stop chicane-orange cones flying everywhere-and DID NOT STOP!!! kept going through and almost hit me (in a Nissan Maxima no less) as I apexed the inner loop and tracked out to the carousel...:toe tap:
Old 05-04-2014, 08:16 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

I like this one ^^ of the Noble, my ZR1 and the R8

Last edited by 05dsom; 05-04-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by 05dsom
Holy $hit.
That was hilarious!
Braking at the 1000 ft mark for the bus stop!
Had a couple of those types in G2 this weekend with the BMW club...don't know how they get there or what their instructors are telling them--had one go straight through the bus stop chicane-orange cones flying everywhere-and DID NOT STOP!!! kept going through and almost hit me as I apexed the inner loop and tracked out to the carousel...
The student from hell that every instructor is told about and hopes they never get. As an instructor that would have been scary as hell (instructor sits on that side) and would have had me using some choice language. When he stopped the car in the pits for the inevitable black flag I would have gotten out of the car and let him stew without an instructor for a while. Might not have got back into it.

Bill
Old 05-04-2014, 08:24 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The student from hell that every instructor is told about and hopes they never get. As an instructor that would have been scary as hell (instructor sits on that side) and would have had me using some choice language. When he stopped the car in the pits for the inevitable black flag I would have gotten out of the car and let him stew without an instructor for a while. Might not have got back into it.

Bill
Yeah, that's what I figured as well--the whole session was black flagged at that moment when a GT3 blew it's engine spilling coolant all over the track
Old 05-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Tuesday, the final day, and Audi R8 slammed into the wall, and ripping his left rear quarter off. Wonder if it is the same guy in the above picture....bet it is.

That Moostang clearly did not belong on the track with Group 2.

I had to blow into the bus stop straights, when I and two other cars came down the back stretch. Even though I had lifted, they could not complete the pass so it was a little crowded. That was when I had my beloved C4. But, I knew to stop, and wait for the flagger on the corner.

I love tracking, it truly lets you enjoy your car, no matter the generation.

Thanks for viewing.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Was this a Track Masters event?

Bill
Hey Bill,

No it was a NASA event. Monday was great, but Tuesday the rain set in. I really enjoy NASA.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:42 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Boxcar
Tuesday, the final day, and Audi R8 slammed into the wall, and ripping his left rear quarter off. Wonder if it is the same guy in the above picture....bet it is.

That Moostang clearly did not belong on the track with Group 2.

I had to blow into the bus stop straights, when I and two other cars came down the back stretch. Even though I had lifted, they could not complete the pass so it was a little crowded. That was when I had my beloved C4. But, I knew to stop, and wait for the flagger on the corner.

I love tracking, it truly lets you enjoy your car, no matter the generation.

Thanks for viewing.
^^ so true, we all make mistakes/have missteps, but you have to know what to do and not to do after said mishap that makes the difference
Old 05-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

During this track session I had the instructor in my car because it was the first time I had ever track a C6. Even though I had tracked 15 times previously , I felt it was the right thing to do.

While he was in the car I blew a couple of corners apex's, but recovered nicely. What you said, is what the instructor said. It is alright to miss a corner. "What is important, is the recovery without up setting the car".

He said let's work on you knowing the car, and the speed will come. First two sessions that is all we did. He, Ernie, is a great instructor. He just gives little reminders as you approach. Never talking about dinner last night.

I know he's on the forum and I would like to say thanks.

Last edited by Boxcar; 05-05-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:56 PM
TorontoC6
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

For the first time in a C6 GS (with decent tires) stepping up from a C4, you did well. Some sketchy driving going on there in the Mustang. Maybe it's a Mustang thing. Check out another Mustang guy in HPDE 3&4 at approximately 14:30 mark (and a Radical SR-3 with no brake lights a lap earlier).

P.S. Bill, we missed seeing you this spring at the Glen. The Canadians were back in force this year...
Old 05-04-2014, 10:16 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxcar
During this track session I had the instructor in my car because it was the first time I had ever track a C6. Even though I had tracked 15 times previously , I felt it was the right thing to do.

While he was in the car I blew a couple of corners apex's, but recovered nicely. What you said, is what the instructor said. It is alright to miss a corner. "What is important, is the recovery without up setting the car".

He said let work on you know the car, and the speed will come. first tow sessions that is all we did. He, Ernie, is a great instructor. He just gives little reminders as you approach. Never talking about dinner last night.

I know he's on the forum and I would like to say thanks.
Your welcome, I enjoyed it
Old 05-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Hey Ed, nice driving! What was with the Moostangs this event. Not only was he braking insanely early but hard. Since when can you give point by(s) in the S's? I downloaded your video for refference to practice with.

Hope to see all my Canadian Family again this year. You all are great people and even better friends. Thanks....Boxcar-7

Last edited by Boxcar; 05-27-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Some stills of the Glen....
Attached Images    

Get notified of new replies

To Boxcar-7 at Watkins Glen video2

Quick Reply: Boxcar-7 at Watkins Glen video2