Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1980 frame-off Resto-Mod 80% project

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:31 PM
indy99
Melting Slicks

Location: the land of a never ending frame-off resto-mod. May Visa have mercy on my soul.
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 1980 frame-off Resto-Mod 80% project

1980 corvette project 80% complete - $13650 (Monroe Mi)

Located in Monroe, MI

Pics available to serious buyers.

More new parts then you can shake a stick at...yup old fogey here.

Read ad real good first please.

1980 Corvette by Chevrolet odometer: 160 type : coupe drive : rwd fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean

1980 Corvette Full frame off Resto-Mod. 80% completion. Health forcing sale. No low ballers, No scammers, No tire kickers or dreamers, No time wasters. Serious buyers only.

Here is some history: I am 2nd owner, wife was first owner. Body removed from frame and full restoration repair began. Frame sandblasted and painted with Eastwood coating. Rear end removed and sent out for total rebuild including new bearings and gears and clutch packs and seals. 3.08 ratio.

Transmission(auto) removed and sent out for rebuild with new torque conv. and shift kit. All new seals and parts.

Engine removed and rebuilt by former ARCA racing techs. Flat top pistons, bored 30 over, new Comp Cam 268H, new crank and rods. 5 grind on heads, stock intake and Rochester carb(rebuilt).
New HEI system, True dual SS exhaust no cats, high flow mufflers(sounds great). New 3 row radiator, New oil cooler. SS fuel lines, brake lines, etc... .

Front end completely rebuilt with TRW parts, all rubber, new ball joints, tie rods etc.. , All new QA-1 5-way adjustable coil over suspension, Original rear trailing arms sent to Van Steel for complete rebuild and SS brakes. Suspension system also purchased from V.S. as a custom kit with new leaf spring. New brake system with MC, calipers, pads, power booster, etc... .

All new wiring by Lectric Unlimited. No junk. No Bubba.

The body is on the car and fully attached. You can see and hear the motor run. Many new parts still in boxes. Complete new interior from Wilcox Corvette including carpet, door panels, Seats have new foam and leather, New Thomson Bronze Acrylic panel in place of T-tops(I have original tops), New steering wheel and many many more parts all in boxes and new.

So here's what needs to be finished: put doors back on and install new and rebuilt components(in boxes). Install new interior(in boxes), install hood(have orig.), Install F&R bumpers(have orig. recommend new, have hardware), Replace windshield(any glass co.) Paint, test and tune.

This may seem like a lot but I don't think it is. Great father son project. Almost 20k in new parts and labor alone, Everything so far has either been: replaced, repaired, rebuilt, or refurbished. No junk, No crap, No garbage. When finished you will have a new 1980 Corvette 350ci est. 350+hp.

I will also include the work ramp that it is on. Plenty of room to work under the car.

No tire kickers, No dreamers, No time wasters. Serious only No Scammers

It's a great car with all new parts, just needs a little finish. If you are very serious contact me via CL and we will talk. Yes I can send pics after we talk. I just won't waste time with dreamers and such.

Contact Dennis at runindyrun at yahoo. com

Thanks for looking and reading.

Quick Reply: 1980 frame-off Resto-Mod 80% project