Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 1972 Coupe 60% Project (OH) $8K OBO

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 11:57 AM
JB4571
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F/S 1972 Coupe 60% Project (OH) $8K OBO

All,
I have to give up my body-off project due to job transfer out of state...and truly do not see being able to get back to it for a few years..the car is currently in a storage unit in Columbus, OH

This would make a great LS swap or mild resto-mod....
Here's what I have..
1972 Coupe SB 350/200 w/T-400 auto all #'s matching AC/PB/PS originally OO w/1 repaint...I says it's about 60% done some may disagree?
Chassis
Completely re-done..stripped all the way down sand blasted all repairs needed were done, Eastwood internal frame coated and repainted w/Eastwood chassis blk...all suspension parts were blasted and repainted or replaced, frame gusseted...
New items- have all receipts from solid vendors ( no cheap stuff )
F/R springs 550's-330,Tie rod sleeves/ends, ball joints, shocks, Duntov HD 3-in half shafts w/spicer u-joints, rear end rebuilt and taken from 3:08 to 3:36, new fuel tank and lines, new brake lines and calibers have been rebuilt and painted....it's pretty much a new chassis.
Body/interior
Front clip was removed to do lower windshield repairs (complete) and clip needs some love but is salvageable...body is back on w/all new mounts and should not have to come back off..
underbody-interior and firewall has been treated w/Lizard Skin and looks awesome !!! body has been about 80% stripped w/Citra-Strip (hood, doors and other small parts still need stripped.
Interior is all original and plan was to repair as possible (worked on over winter) and repaint/stain (saddle) and use for a while and replace all later.
Drive train
Has original motor (carb-intake N/O ) / Trans but they have not been rebuilt... it did run when I got it but freeze plug on pass side was rusted out...I do not have exhaust (plan was to replace w/headers/2.5

I just listed it on Craig's List Columbus, OH for $8K obo but willing to work with someone on this forum that truly loves chrome bumper C3's
I have tons of pic's and would be glad to discuss w/interested buyers, here are a few..
Thanks for looking
JB
Attached Images       
Old 07-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks nice, best of luck with the sale.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:30 PM
JB4571
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brandons72vette
Looks nice, best of luck with the sale.
Thanks, it's like selling one of my kids...I've spent so many hours on her that it's killing me, but I really hate to see her sit in storage for a long time.
JB
Old 07-04-2014, 05:55 PM
zmanabba
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm interested in the car. Can you call me at your convenience. David 509 496-6524
Old 07-08-2014, 06:37 PM
JB4571
Advanced

Default ******sold********

Vehicle has been sold......Thanks for looking

JB,

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 1972 Coupe 60% Project (OH) $8K OBO

Quick Reply: F/S 1972 Coupe 60% Project (OH) $8K OBO