Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1975, l-82, 4-spd

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 08:07 PM
hadams
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 75 L82 4-SPD, 49k Orig. MI, $16k, East Lyme, CT

Immaculate, numbers matching, 1975, L-82, 4-SPD w/Gymkhana Suspension, 3.70 rear end and Deluxe Interior. 49K original miles. Absolutely rust free frame. Wilwood Brake Calipers and engine upgrades to include Trick Flow Aluminum Cylinder Heads, Lunati Camshaft, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold/Carburetor, Ceramic Coated Headers and dual exhaust. Conservative estimate at greater than 350 HP. All original engine parts included in sale.
Asking $15,500. Send me a personal message if interested.

Last edited by hadams; 05-01-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Update
Old 10-01-2014, 08:39 PM
brazky75
Advanced

Default Still 4Sale

Where are you located
Old 10-02-2014, 07:48 AM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Do you have all the numbers matching parts still? cylinder heads, exhaust manifolds, stock rear end, etc? Also do you have the m20 or m21 transmission?
Old 10-02-2014, 02:48 PM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Clean 75 with tasteful mods I really like this car! ...
Old 10-02-2014, 05:32 PM
hadams
Instructor

Default 75 L-82 Answers

Originally Posted by King Lear
Do you have all the numbers matching parts still? cylinder heads, exhaust manifolds, stock rear end, etc? Also do you have the m20 or m21 transmission?
Hi,

Yes, I have all of the numbers matching parts. Intake, Q-Jet Carb, Cylinder Heads, Exhaust Manifolds, Air Pump, etc. I didn’t retain the original brake calipers (yes, they were original, as well as the rotors; had to drill them off the spindles) but they are not date stamped, so it should not be an issue for NCRS purposes down the road. Yes, the rear end is a stock 3.70 (only available with the L-82 option). I think the M21 was an option only available with the L-82 as well. To be clear, this car has a Borg Warner, ST-10 4-speed called the Super T-10. This was phased into production in early 1974 and was the only manual transmission available in 1975. I should know, but did not determine whether it is an M21 or M20 (both available with the Super T-10). There is a stamping on the passenger side of the case, similar to the VIN as well as a date code to confirm that it is original.

Glad to answer if you have any other questions.

Howard
Old 10-02-2014, 05:36 PM
hadams
Instructor

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by ORANGEBROTHERS
Thanks much!!!!

I really like the idea of maintaining the original appearance of the car and preserving the potential to return it to all original condition under the hood, should someone be interested in an NCRS future for the car.

Just hard to drive it with the original heads as it was so terribly underpowered.

Thanks again for the compliment!!

Howard
Old 10-02-2014, 08:06 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hadams
Hi,

Yes, I have all of the numbers matching parts. Intake, Q-Jet Carb, Cylinder Heads, Exhaust Manifolds, Air Pump, etc. I didn’t retain the original brake calipers (yes, they were original, as well as the rotors; had to drill them off the spindles) but they are not date stamped, so it should not be an issue for NCRS purposes down the road. Yes, the rear end is a stock 3.70 (only available with the L-82 option). I think the M21 was an option only available with the L-82 as well. To be clear, this car has a Borg Warner, ST-10 4-speed called the Super T-10. This was phased into production in early 1974 and was the only manual transmission available in 1975. I should know, but did not determine whether it is an M21 or M20 (both available with the Super T-10). There is a stamping on the passenger side of the case, similar to the VIN as well as a date code to confirm that it is original.

Glad to answer if you have any other questions.

Howard
Its a good looking car, I asked because I am looking for a friend of mine that had his totaled and is fighting with insurance about the claim. I am looking for him and just wondered if you saved everything. I didn't with my 72 jut because stock sucked you cant fit anything under a stock 72 hood. I knew I was not going to sell it until I was too old to drive it. I just know that the numbers matching is big with some people. I forgot all about the t10 when I asked. My last question because I know he is going to ask and I dont know is the pin striping is that stock? I have never seen that before, if its not stock it should have been,
Old 10-03-2014, 04:03 PM
hadams
Instructor

Originally Posted by King Lear
Its a good looking car, I asked because I am looking for a friend of mine that had his totaled and is fighting with insurance about the claim. I am looking for him and just wondered if you saved everything. I didn't with my 72 jut because stock sucked you cant fit anything under a stock 72 hood. I knew I was not going to sell it until I was too old to drive it. I just know that the numbers matching is big with some people. I forgot all about the t10 when I asked. My last question because I know he is going to ask and I dont know is the pin striping is that stock? I have never seen that before, if its not stock it should have been,
Thanks,

You pretty much need to stick with a stock intake manifold or start cutting with a 72 or earlier if you plan to install a high rise (unless you have a big block/LT-1 hood). I had always planned to maintain the original parts for my car. It was too original and had far too low mileage for me not to be mindful of that from the start.

I think the pin stripes are probably variable based on dealer installed options of the day. I have seen other Vettes with similar fender pin striping but never any others with the same stripes around the vents and on the hood. It’s not the original paint and I can’t be sure what the car had when it left the dealer, but I like what it has now.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:29 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hadams
Thanks,

You pretty much need to stick with a stock intake manifold or start cutting with a 72 or earlier if you plan to install a high rise (unless you have a big block/LT-1 hood). I had always planned to maintain the original parts for my car. It was too original and had far too low mileage for me not to be mindful of that from the start.

I think the pin stripes are probably variable based on dealer installed options of the day. I have seen other Vettes with similar fender pin striping but never any others with the same stripes around the vents and on the hood. It’s not the original paint and I can’t be sure what the car had when it left the dealer, but I like what it has now.
I just cut the stock hood as you can see by my avatar photo. I plan to put the stinger hood on mine before I paint it. I need to update the rear end TA's then I will be ready for paint.The paint code for your car I believe should be on your identification plate in the door frame.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:46 AM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by ORANGEBROTHERS
Old 10-04-2014, 10:39 AM
hadams
Instructor

Originally Posted by jr9170
Thanks!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 1975, l-82, 4-spd

Quick Reply: 1975, l-82, 4-spd