Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

78 Corvette TRADE for Mopar

Old 10-30-2014, 05:07 PM
ciucakid
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 78 Corvette TRADE for Mopar

I have a beautiful 78 "(25th)Silver Anniversary year" Corvette that I just purchased within the last year expecting to never get rid of it. But, I'm a Mopar guy and just doesn't feel right having a Chevrolet in my garage. I love the car to death and there is very little not to like about it. I have no issues keeping the car as it will sit and continue to collect value under my care. Just seeing what's out there, and who'd be interested in trading for my vette. But since I'm required to put a value on the car, I'd say $12,000.

About the car:
Car is a 350 with a 4-speed. (not L-82). Original silver pain and red leather interior. The motor and transmission were rebuilt aprox 3000 miles ago. Everything under the hood is brand new or rebuilt (carburetor, alternator, manifolds...etc). Everything underneath the car is brand new/ gone over( power steering lines, bushings, half shafts, brakes...etc). You could eat off of the underside of this car, its so clean. Car was undercoated by the dealer when brand new.. The interior is in Beautiful original condition. Has a new, straight, full chambered exhaust system. Tires are probably ten years old with %80 tread on yet. Headlights go up and down. Rims are in pristine condition. T-tops don't leak. Good, straight original uerethane bumpers. Battery is only 1 year old. Has Classic car plates (can go with car if desired). Factory AC. Factory 8 track player+ AM FM radio. Hideaway antenna works. 85,xxx on the odometer. Brand new aircleaner and fuel filter.

Bonus:
Car has years upon years of documentation of every service appointment/ repair made on it collected in a thick 3 ring binder leading to my ownership. Tons of corvette magazines, manuals, diagrams the previous owners collected. The original floor mats, exhaust heat shields, and leather t-top bags. A Chevrolet bin full of spare/ leftover parts, gaskets, hardware for the car. Also a brand new rear leaf sprint, still wrapped in paper from the dealer.

The bad:
There are only two things that I can knock on the Condition of the car. First, The paint is 36 years old, and shows well, but also shows age. Patina I like to call it. It shines beautifully with a fresh coat of wax. But shows fading and discoloration at certain angles in the light....Second, The drivers seat has had a seam repair done on it, small and minor, but nonetheless visible.

*I apologize about the lack of pictures, If you are serious and request more I can get whatever you like. It's just that the car is already winterized and undercover for winter already. I ask that you have patience until I get the chance to take some more pictures.

Trade for:
Charger, roadrunner, duster, demon, dart, superbee, challenger..etc. I don't have a motor preference, 318, 340, 360, 383, 440. all are reasonable options in my mind. MUST BE A 4-SPEED CAR THOUGH!!! Looking for even up trade, and a running/driving car so I can get on the road and enjoy it asap, so keep that in mind. I appreciate your interest and time.
Attached Images  

Last edited by ciucakid; 10-30-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Probably won't find a whole lot of mopar owners on this forum. Posting your ad on Mopar forums would probably work better.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:49 PM
C6C3Vettes
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 10-30-2014, 07:07 PM
exvetteguy
Heel & Toe

I just sold (in August) a 69 Dodge Dart convertible with 440 and a 4-speed, 8-3/4 with 4.56 gears. Had fat & skinny Cragars, SS springs, fenderwell headers, fiberglass nose with lift off 6PAK hood. Car was red with black soft top and black bucket seat interior and was cherry.

I went through eBay with the sale and regret having ever been involved with the fool who bought it. I would have traded with you in a heartbeat.

I am a Vette guy, but Mopars are in my blood too. I also own a 1990 Dodge W250 4X4 that I bought new....318 with 4-speed.
Good Luck to you my friend!!

George
Old 10-30-2014, 09:08 PM
ciucakid
Navigator

Originally Posted by exvetteguy
I just sold (in August) a 69 Dodge Dart convertible with 440 and a 4-speed, 8-3/4 with 4.56 gears. Had fat & skinny Cragars, SS springs, fenderwell headers, fiberglass nose with lift off 6PAK hood. Car was red with black soft top and black bucket seat interior and was cherry.

I went through eBay with the sale and regret having ever been involved with the fool who bought it. I would have traded with you in a heartbeat.

I am a Vette guy, but Mopars are in my blood too. I also own a 1990 Dodge W250 4X4 that I bought new....318 with 4-speed.
Good Luck to you my friend!!

George
Ya just had to throw that nice little tease out there didn't ya? haha but that sounded like a nice car.

And I know Priya. But, I know being a car collector is about more than just makes and models. SO, I'm bound to run into a chevy, buick, Pontiac, ford fan that has something they would desire to trade for my corvette, or else they wouldnt be on this c3 forum.

AND C6C3Vettes, just outside of Pittsburgh,PA. Thanks
Old 10-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Yes, I suppose a lot of people aren't brand snobs. I know what you mean about feeling weird having a chevy in the garage. I'm a Ford girl at heart and sometimes I feel having the Corvette just isn't right. I had a bunch of 351 cleveland performance parts I sold after buying the Corvette. Afterwards I thought I should have kept them and swapped a 351 cleveland into my Corvette. Then it wouldn't have felt quite so wrong.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:00 AM
71scgc
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

Mopars have gotten stupid in price lately.
Good luck with your trade...

Carter
Old 11-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Chambered
Le Mans Master

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

I've always been a Mopar guy & the prices for good cars ARE stupid, as they are for any good musclecar. GOOD musclecars are not easy to find. Here's a Corvette/Mopar story for you guys. This was back in 1982 & I was covering my territory in downriver Detroit. I notice a black '68 Charger sitting in a self-serve gas station so I turn around & go back to check it out. I park next to it & it's a black '68 R/T with a red interior & column shift automatic & "HEMI" badges on the doors. So I go up to the guy at the window & ask him if it's his car - it is. He says he JUST got the car from a buddy who had it sitting for years, but he wants to sell it because he likes Corvettes & really is not into Mopars. I ask him if it's a real hemi car & it is - he hands me the keys & says "go start it & check it out - it runs great." Well, the car was very nice & the engine fired right up & sounded great - it had 54,000 miles on it. He offered me the car for $3,200. That was a GREAT deal for a nice Hemi car back in 1982 - you just didn't see them around at all. I couldn't afford it - I was still paying on my '71 Hemi Charger that I had borrowed to buy in 1980. A guy I met from Toledo a week later at a car show ended-up buying the '68 Charger after I told him about it. He said the Charger was scary fast. He ended-up selling it about a year later to a guy in CA. I have no idea where it is today, but this one goes in my "one that got away" category. Oh, the guy in Toledo & I became good friends & we still are today.

Last edited by Chambered; 11-05-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:19 PM
ciucakid
Navigator

I agree. Mopars have gotten stupid in price. But, in all reality they're good investments. The money/desire is always going to be there. Apply that knowledge to vette's, fords, whatever you have, someday they're prices will seem ridiculous as to what you would have payed for it in todays market. They aren't making them anymore and with everyday more and more are disappearing. They are only original once. (disregarding all the up and coming restoration shops, Which I feel will only sour prices due to creating the image that the only valuable car is a "restored" car)...But back on track, my first car was a 1970 Challenger RT/SE, 383, auto. plum crazy car...Still have it,in need of a major restoration(including lots of metal work), and is nearly completely disassembled already. and it sits in my garage right next to the vette.. The value of my challenger in it's current condition is worth more(what people are asking) than the vette in it's clean/pristine beautiful running/driving condition. But of course is priceless to me.

Get notified of new replies

To 78 Corvette TRADE for Mopar

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 78 Corvette TRADE for Mopar