Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[VA] FS 1974 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 09:57 AM
LudemJo
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default [VA] FS 1974 Corvette

I am selling my 1974 Corvette to fund my next motorcycle purchase. I have owned the car for about two years now, and the wife says I need to clear some garage space before I can get any more toys, so the Corvette needs to go. The car is black with side pipes that are suitably loud and obnoxious. Interior is original medium saddle leather and is in excellent condition. The car has a non-original 350 engine with a TH-350 3-speed automatic transmission, and it runs great. I have spent some significant time and money getting the car to run safely and reliably, and have succeeded after replacing the seatbelts, fuel pump and starter, along with rejetting the Edelbrock 1406 carb and adjusting timing. The car is now a dead reliable driver. In addition, I installed new hinge pins in the driver’s side door to make the door easier to close and I removed the rear window to replace the dried and leaking sealant holding the glass in and tinted the window while I had it out.
Last winter I rebuilt much of the front end of the car as can be seen here:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ld-thread.html
I replaced the radiator core support, installed a new aluminum radiator with dual thermostatically controlled electric fans, rebuilt the front suspension installing new polyurethane bushings as well as new ball joints and tie rod ends. While I was at it, I replaced the leaking Power Steering Control Valve with a new unit while I had the front suspension disassembled. I installed new gas pressure shocks front and rear. It has a fresh four-wheel alignment, and the wheels and tires were road force balanced shortly after original purchase.
I have a significant collection of assembly and repair manuals that will be included with the purchase. My intent was to make this car into the screaming machine I dreamed about when I was younger, but now that I have dreams of a new BMW R1200RT and the Corvette just doesn’t measure up. I would not be selling it if I didn’t need the garage space (and the money will be helpful to purchase the bike as well) because it is a great car. So here is your chance to have the car of YOUR dreams for just $19,000 firm.

Happy Thanksgiving!

John

Last edited by LudemJo; 02-09-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

One of my Favorite years

Quick Reply: [VA] FS 1974 Corvette