Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1968 Silverstone Corvette T-Top in MD - $29,500 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Keith@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 208 Likes on 60 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default FS: 1968 Silverstone Corvette T-Top in MD - $29,500 OBO

The following Corvette is being offered for sale at VetteFinders.com Follow the links to contact the seller.

1968 T-Top Corvette for sale
327 300
4 speed muncie
98872 Miles
Silverstone with black Interior

Description:

Beautiful fully restored, numbers matching t-top coupe with original muncie 4 speed and air conditioning, 92K original miles. Car is original GM Silverstone silver with correct black interior. Car was originally sold on Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring Maryland at Curtis Chevrolet....date stamped march of 1968, and was shipped from California due to buyers request for air conditioning. Still has California smog pump on it which has no effect on horsepower.

Engine is a 327/300 hp. original motor which has had a Holley carb put on it...original Rochester Quadra jet is available. Car has had all gauges including the clock restored. Entire interior was re done from Al Knoch interiors and is correct for the car....with all period correct carpeting as well. Entire air conditioning system was completely rebuilt using nos parts. Car also comes with new tires and po2 option wheel covers...although a set of rally wheel covers will be provided as well. Engine was rebuilt in the 80's and runs perfectly, transmission shifts beautifully and clutch has been replaced as well. Electric fan has been installed and hidden within the shroud to keep engine really cool, in fact it never at any time runs over 189 degrees....even in scorching hot days with the ac on. The fiber optics on the car all work and even the key/door buzzer work as well!

This car is turn key and ready to drive, needs nothing. It has always been garaged and extremely well maintained with 2K mile oil changes....lube.... Car is a t-top car and back window pops out to make it a targa top...unique feature for the 68. Car was purchased by me at an estate sale where it has been sitting for over eighteen years in a garage, I took the car and refurbished every square inch of it mechanically including new brakes lines, rebuilt calipers.....fuel lines... you name it I did it...the gas tank was replaced before the car was sold at the estate, so I have a handwritten copy of the tank sticker but not the original sticker. From what I can tell I am the third owner of the car....however, my documentation is limited to paint and mechanical receipts that were done in the 80's and some inspection stickers I found from Virginia where the car lived most of its life. I have owned it now approximately five years and I hate to part with hit, but I have three other classic cars and I drive this one the least, although in all honesty it is one of the best driving cars I have. I just have more of an interest in the 50's cruisers....so logically I thought this was the one I should sell.

You should note I have about 45K invested in this car at this point. The 1968 coupe was produced in limited quantities....8800 in 68 and even less with factory air. This car is a fantastic investment in many respects...and is for someone that wants to just jump in and cruise and drive. Pictures taken November 22, 2014.....

Price: $29,500 OBO

Click here for photos (7) and to contact the seller.

Your Internet destination for buying and selling Corvettes.

Read My Corvette Blog

Quick Reply: FS: 1968 Silverstone Corvette T-Top in MD - $29,500 OBO