Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Va) 1981 Resto-Mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Jig A Low
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Va) 1981 Resto-Mod

Hey guys, it's with a heavy heart that I've decided it's time to sell my beloved 'Vette and move on to something else.

I bought this car as a "project" and got a little carried away with it. it ended up being a 1 1/2 year "frame off" resto-mod.

the frame was media blasted and powder coated in satin black, along with all the suspension parts that were staying on the car. all the bushings, ball joints, wheel bearings and seals were replaced.

the brake system was totally replaced with new calipers, pad, rotors, brake lines, master cylinder and brake booster, all new E-brake system too.

all of the fuel lines were also replaced with new along with the pickup strainer in the tank and fuel pump on the engine.

the rear end was rebuilt with new bearings, seals and u-joints throughout, along with both trailing arms.

the TH-350 transmission was professionally rebuilt with emphasis on "beefing it up" for the new motor, the builder is a well known race transmission guy in our parts, it was also painted the same color as the body.

the "numbers matching" engine was bored and stroked using an "Eagle" balanced rotating assembly, aluminum heads and flat top pistons for around 11:1 compression static, the heads are topped off with Comp Cams double springs and roller tipped 1.6 rockers, the engine is supposed to make around 425HP and 450ft/lbs tq at 2500 rpm (has never been dyno'd) but pulls REAL HARD off the line.

the carb is a Quadra-jet rebuilt by our own Lars, with runs great on this motor.

the A/C system is completely new including the compressor, hoses, evaporator, condenser and is running R-12

the heater core is brand new as well, installed ball valves to stop water flow through the core for summer time use.

has a new 100 amp. Chrome alternator also.

the headlight system is rebuilt with new actuators, control valves and hoses.

the interior is completely new with the exception of the gauges, steering wheel and faceplates, the tach. board was also replaced with a new board. I also installed "sound deadening" material under all the carpet.

a new stereo system was installed including the head unit, 4 speakers and new power antenna.

the true dual exhaust system is completely new from the Headman long tube headers all the way out the back of the car. I wasn't happy with the sound of the Magna' flow mufflers and found a set of Ansa resonators to replace them with, the magnaflows only have around 200 miles on them and will come with the car.

the body was completely stripped, the front and back urethane bumpers were replaced with fiberglass units and blended into the body, then primed with a good 2 part epoxy primer, painted with 4 coats of "Malibu sunset" orange and 5 coats of clear.

the factory aluminum rims are accent painted with the same orange, polished and wrapped in brand new Cooper Cobra tires.

the car has about 1500 miles on it since the rebuilt and about 120,000 on the chassis. runs and looks great, has won a couple of "top 20's" in local car shows.

like any resto-mod that has had EVERY bolt touched, there are still a couple little bugs to work out but this car is 99% done and ready for the show season.

asking $25,000 OBO

Old 12-31-2014, 02:54 PM
68ragtop69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Nice looking car! GLWS
Old 01-02-2015, 11:57 PM
Michael S
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful!
I wish I had the dough, I'd buy this ride in a heartbeat! Price looks like a fraction of what it would take to build this sweet ride!

Love it!

GLWS!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:50 AM
Jig A Low
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Michael,

Yes, I've got tons of money in it, anyone who has ever attempted one of these knows how expensive they are to bring back to life, especially the interior parts. I quit counting at $30k---fortunately my wife quit at $20k LOL

I never planed on selling it but have found another project that I want to do and need the money to put into it.

feel free to make a REASONABLE offer on this, it's not 100% percent perfect but pretty damn near it.

PS. the pictures I posted are just a few of the tons I have available.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:58 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's Purdy!

Get notified of new replies

To (Va) 1981 Resto-Mod

Quick Reply: (Va) 1981 Resto-Mod