Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1978 Indy Pace Car 25th Anniversary Edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 02:55 PM
dcmd
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978 Indy Pace Car 25th Anniversary Edition

This car is in near perfect condition inside and out with 19, 800 miles on the odometer. As I am not the original or only owner I cannot certify that it is all original, but with a few minor exceptions, clock, fuel pump, tail pipe and muffler, tachometer circuit board, and front brake calipers, I believe that it is all original and with matching numbers. I have most of the original parts mentioned above if the buyer wants them. Although I cannot be 100% sure of the mileage, I have considerable documentation that any reasonable person would agree that the mileage is accurate. The mere condition of the car should obviate any question regarding the mileage. I have the original buyer's order, owner's manual, window sticker' plus miscellaneous other documentation for the car. The leather seats are in perfect uncracked or unmarred condition (there is a very small wear spot on the driver seatback caused by the seat belt rubbing away the silver color). The car comes with the original corvette floor mats and the cover for the glass T-top sections. The car is the L-48 350 Sm. Blk. engine, adj, steering, A/C, power windows, auto transmission, original AM/FM stereo radio with O.E. CB radio. I am asking $20,500 OBO. This is below the Hagerty Valuation Tool value for this car with its mileage and condition. This is the only reference I have been able to find on cars older than 1990. I would consider a trade for a later model low mileage, unmodified, possibly C-5 Corvette of similar value (no convertible). The VIN # is 1Z87L8S903902.

If you are interested and/or have any questions I can be reached at 727 808 8428. No solicitation calls please.

The buyer of this car would be responsible for shipping arrangements and charges.

Since I can't figure out how to attach pictures of the car, call or leave me a message and I will email them to you.
Attached Images   
Old 01-17-2015, 03:22 PM
glinares
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts

What dealership did this car sell at in 1978?

Thanks,
George
Old 01-17-2015, 03:58 PM
dcmd
7th Gear

Default Kennedy Chevrolet, Skaneateles (?), NY

Kennedy Chevrolet, Skaneateles (?), NY
I am new at this and don't know how reply works. Hope you get this.

Originally Posted by dcmd
This car is in near perfect condition inside and out with 19, 800 miles on the odometer. As I am not the original or only owner I cannot certify that it is all original, but with a few minor exceptions, clock, fuel pump, tail pipe and muffler, tachometer circuit board, and front brake calipers, I believe that it is all original and with matching numbers. I have most of the original parts mentioned above if the buyer wants them. Although I cannot be 100% sure of the mileage, I have considerable documentation that any reasonable person would agree that the mileage is accurate. The mere condition of the car should obviate any question regarding the mileage. I have the original buyer's order, owner's manual, window sticker' plus miscellaneous other documentation for the car. The leather seats are in perfect uncracked or unmarred condition (there is a very small wear spot on the driver seatback caused by the seat belt rubbing away the silver color). The car comes with the original corvette floor mats and the cover for the glass T-top sections. The car is the L-48 350 Sm. Blk. engine, adj, steering, A/C, power windows, auto transmission, original AM/FM stereo radio with O.E. CB radio. I am asking $20,500 OBO. This is below the Hagerty Valuation Tool value for this car with its mileage and condition. This is the only reference I have been able to find on cars older than 1990. I would consider a trade for a later model low mileage, unmodified, possibly C-5 Corvette of similar value (no convertible). The VIN # is 1Z87L8S903902.

If you are interested and/or have any questions I can be reached at 727 808 8428. No solicitation calls please.

The buyer of this car would be responsible for shipping arrangements and charges.

Since I can't figure out how to attach pictures of the car, call or leave me a message and I will email them to you.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:01 PM
dcmd
7th Gear

Originally Posted by glinares
What dealership did this car sell at in 1978?

Thanks,
George
Kennedy Chevrolet,
Skaneateles (?), NY

I am new at this site and hope you get this reply.

Richard
Old 01-17-2015, 08:54 PM
glinares
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmd
Kennedy Chevrolet,
Skaneateles (?), NY

I am new at this site and hope you get this reply.

Richard
Answer received. Thank you.

George
Old 02-15-2015, 06:10 AM
St.Germain
Intermediate

Is this car still available?
Old 02-15-2015, 06:11 AM
St.Germain
Intermediate

Nice car

Last edited by St.Germain; 02-15-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:26 PM
dcmd
7th Gear

Default 1978 Indy Pace Car

Originally Posted by St.Germain
Is this car still available?
Yes. It is still available. richard

Get notified of new replies

To 1978 Indy Pace Car 25th Anniversary Edition

Quick Reply: 1978 Indy Pace Car 25th Anniversary Edition