Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1972 Corvette Coupe 350 4 Speed for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 10:56 PM
BarryB72
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
Default 1972 Corvette Coupe 350 4 Speed for sale

I copied most of this from my craigslist ad. Because of that, there's some things in here that Corvette guys will find obvious...

I came up with this value based on Hagerty's valuation tool. They put this car with these options in number 2 condition at $36400 and in number 3 condition at $23600. I would say it's a 2 with the exception of a few things, so I just dropped the price $6400. It's now $30000 firm. ( a discount can be discussed for forum members)

This may be priced a little more than most base engine 72's, but this is closer to a new car than a 43 year old car. There's somewhere in the neighborhood of $23000 in NOS, original and correct reproduction parts that are new to this car. Interested in trading for a 2010-up Camaro SS coupe or convertible or possibly an 2LT/RS convertible. (need a place for a baby seat!)

This car is painted it's correct Bryar Blue, a one year only color that you have to see in person. It has the black leather deluxe interior. Other options include power steering and a correct tilt/tele steering column that I had put in - not on the tank sticker, which I have, but worth it. Standard columns are a dime a dozen if you would want to go back.

Mileage is just over 70,000 and since this was titled just last year, you can count this as original mileage - but we're really talking about a car with 1600 miles on it since a frame off nut and bolt restoration. Just enough to break the engine in.

The body is entirely black/dark grey fiberglass - original, NOS, or best reproduction and it has all the correct bonding strips.

Rust free frame and birdcage.

Correct part number and dates on engine block, heads, carb, manifolds, fan clutch, water pump, radiator, expansion tank (repo), distributor, transmission, rear end, master cylinder, alternator, and intake. Original fuel pump was rebuilt but only lasted 100 miles. I have an NOS AC fuel pump on it now. Correct dates on wheels and even an original dated spare tire. Original dated glass with exception of windshield. Door glass has vertical scratches but it's original dated Astro Ventilation glass, so I'm having a hard time seeing the value in putting in new glass - although you can get correct looking reproduction windows.

Engine, carb, distributor, alternator, transmission, water pump, master cylinder, proportioning valve all rebuilt. Engine is .030 over and has a cam that would have been in a 300 hp 69-70 Vette. Rear end (3.36 posi) was inspected and deemed ok.

Some of the new parts on the inside include:
New door panels, NOS door pull handles, older but never used reproduction seat covers, new seat foam, new seat backs, 2 new seat hinges, new sill plates, new carpet and heat shield underlay, new firewall insulation, new e-brake console, new shifter console, NOS woodgrain shift plate insert, new shifter ball, new ashtray and Casco 63 lighter, new radio bezel, NOS radio *****, NOS vent *****, NOS headlight ****, new vent *****, NOS door handles, NOS clutch and brake pedal pads, NOS rear view mirror, new rear compartment frame, new correct 3 panel seat belt webbing with NOS receivers and NOS lap retractors with correct wiring for seat belt warning buzzer that works, new T-top latches. Also has new correct speakers to go with the correct AM FM mono radio.

Under the hood, there are is new ignition shielding, new coil, new dated spark plug wires, new air cleaner lid (have original), hood hinges and prop, expansion tank, engine wiring harness, all new hoses, all new (I believe) vacuum hoses, all new vacuum relays and actuators, new blower fan, new heater core.

Underneath, all new exhaust, new gas tank, fuel lines, fuel hoses, fuel separator, brakes, brake lines, emergency brake. New springs, shocks. Rebuilt front suspension. Trailing arms rebuilt.

On the outside - new windshield, rechromed bumpers, NOS trim rings, NOS rear letters, NOS license plate bezel, correct reproduction license plate frames, NOS marker lights, new Stingray emblems, new crossed flag emblems, new gas door hinge/bezel, NOS front turn signal grilles, new turn signal lenses, new door handles, new driver side mirror (original glass inserted), new window felts, NOS exhaust tips, rechromed T-top drip rails, new chrome window/t-top corner moldings, NOS alarm and spare tire locks.

All new weatherstripping and seals. New correct Trico wiper blades. New washer hoses. Original washer pump is on the car and is the only thing that doesn't work. I bought a new one and put it on but I couldn't get it to squirt fluid either so I put the original back on. There is evidently a trick to get them to squirt for the first time.

Some other flaws I know of are the T-top pads - they are original and dated, but each one has a small spot that I repaired or touched up. You just can't find perfect originals, but repos are available. I like the dated ones better though. The carpet around the dome light in the far back was miscut around the light but you can not tell. A previous owner had installed the passenger side door mirror. A professional filled in the holes but with no way to get behind them, he didn't want to do it. I had him do it anyway. In the right light you can see where the holes were. Real easy fix - put another mirror on. Correct fix- I was quoted 5 hours. Oh yeah, and since this car has been driven it's got some paint chips in front of the rear wheels that I touched up.

The dated components and part numbers include:

Part # Date
Transmission D 28

Block 3970010 D 24
0425CKW

Heads 3998993 D 19, D 24

Exhaust Manifolds 3932461 D 22, C5

Distributor 1112050 D 12

Fan clutch D 12

Original Horn (have) 032 2 D 2
Replacement Horn 2 A 2

Starter 1108418 D 4

Carburetor 7042203 D

Passenger Window GY April 72
Rear Window " "

Master Cylinder 5455509 2- 082

Rear End (3.36 ratio) C 21

Wheels (3) 3 16 72
Wheel 4 14 72
Wheel 2 15 72

Seat Belts Wk 11(C 13) 72

Water Pump 3991399 C 8

Original Fuel Pump (have) 40769 068L
Replacement NOS

Original Wiper Motor (have) Date on Sticker 062 2
Repacement Wiper Motor 012 2

Radiator/Overflow Tank 72 C

Jack C

Proportioning Valve 2- 049

Driver Window VN December 71

Driver Side Mirror Glass L 71

Intake 6263751 K 23 1

Alternator 1100950 1 L 22

This is a showroom driver. More pictures available upon request.

Last edited by BarryB72; 03-15-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:55 PM
switchplanner
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Great color! Any pics of the restoration? Frame, birdcage, suspension, etc.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:05 PM
BarryB72
Drifting

Frame

Only pictures I could find of birdcage

Last edited by BarryB72; 02-08-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Walt71
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really nice Stingray. Just what I'll be looking for - next year. Can't hope that you'll still have it, but if you do, I'll be cruising up to Ohio!
Old 03-10-2015, 12:52 AM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Beautiful 72 in a great color...
Old 03-10-2015, 10:17 PM
BarryB72
Drifting

Originally Posted by Walt71
Really nice Stingray. Just what I'll be looking for - next year. Can't hope that you'll still have it, but if you do, I'll be cruising up to Ohio!

I'm not actively trying to sell it so who knows. I'm going to leave this ad on here but I'm not going to continually "take it to the top". In a year it's going to be a little nicer (about to put on a new door panel and some NOS center caps) but I'll make you a promise the price will be the same.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:23 PM
jesterjon12
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Walt. In a year I'll be in the market. Strong work on the restoration!

Get notified of new replies

To 1972 Corvette Coupe 350 4 Speed for sale

Quick Reply: 1972 Corvette Coupe 350 4 Speed for sale