Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

Zora Duntov Collection with boxes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Bobby Spiker
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zora Duntov Collection with boxes

Does anyone know what the whole set of Zora Arkus-Duntov collectables would go for now with boxes all matching serials.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 PM
7Vette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It depends on whether you sell them individually or as a set. From an Ebay standpoint, I've rarely ever seen a set sold together mainly because they fetch more if sold individually. Few collectors have the cash at any given time to lay out for a full set, and many are just looking for certain years to fill out a collection or to match their 1:1. I sold a set, minus the "holy grail" '84 & '85, early last year on Ebay. After fees I netted approximately $2100. A few of the buyers bought several, and yes, packing individual cars and small groups of them took a little time and effort, but I used USPS Priority Mail so the boxes were free. The extra effort was well worth the extra profit. If you're just looking to unload them, sell as a whole. If you want to make the best money on them, sell individually. I can't presume you want to sell them on Ebay, but Ebay's "completed auctions" are the best guage of what's selling for what at the moment. The midyears and a few from the 70's usually sell well, and the '84 and '85 usually sell for $200+ each depending on who's looking at the time and how deep their pockets are.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:36 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just wondering, what made the 84 and 85 so special ????
What kind of prices are they getting, don't very often see them on Ebay ???
I have seen and now have a 64 and a 73 that go for about $200.00, don't know why they were so expensive either.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
nitemaher
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that it had something to do with licensing with GM ?? thats why they made less of the 84 and 85 , I cant believe the prices they are getting for them I bought mine several years ago and I didnt pay over 1000 and that was with the display case and serial numbers which werent attached .

Get notified of new replies

To Zora Duntov Collection with boxes

Quick Reply: Zora Duntov Collection with boxes